Lt. Commander
# 1 Obsolete Ships
02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
I recently tried arming my Light cruiser with Admiral class armaments and noticed a sharp decrease in their abilities. This was irritating because, and while I may be one of few,I still like my lower class ships.
The purpose of this thread was to develop ideas for cryptic to implement in order to make the Light Cruiser etc. viable ships in harder combat.
I took the little ship(USS Fenris) to the borg territory and tried to fight in a random sortie and was summarily dealt with numerous times without much of a fight on my end.
This is what I purpose as a start for fixing this

1.Allow lower class ships to use a component to it's full potential.
2.A Cstore item that allows for a retrofit of our choice. i;e: An extra bridge officer slot(universal) extra weapon slot(player choice), and an lvl 2 power slot(player choice)
3.Give each class of ship an unlockable "Feat" that can be performed every half hour. for example
a light cruiser can activate "StarBurst" where to save itself from danger it can warp from one side of the map to the exact opposite side of the map. or something similar.

If anyone else has any ideas on this I'd like to hear'em
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Not going to happen. One canon jockey loses his wings whenever a tier 1 ship destroys anything in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Never going to happen, those ships are still useful for helping out friends lower level than you tho. Just match your friends level and use a ship the same rank as his, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 11:30 PM
May happen, thiers been talking about refits for the lower tier ships to be craftable
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2011, 11:36 PM
I said this awhile back...but what if promoting a bridge officer to a playable captain simply means that on your Fleet Admiral Character account, you can assign the promoted captain in question to a vessel in your shipyard inventory and give them a bridge crew as well as equipment. You can hotswap to (play as) that captain for certain missions . Or, you can summon that ship as an party member in space sort of like how we use BoFs on the ground. I even suggested something similar on our duty officer system...sending a duty officer and 4 bridge officers in the place of the Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I said this awhile back...but what if promoting a bridge officer to a playable captain simply means that on your Fleet Admiral Character account, you can assign the promoted captain in question to a vessel in your shipyard inventory and give them a bridge crew as well as equipment. You can hotswap to (play as) that captain for certain missions . Or, you can summon that ship as an party member in space sort of like how we use BoFs on the ground. I even suggested something similar on our duty officer system...sending a duty officer and 4 bridge officers in the place of the Admiral.
Hell Yeah i love this idea especially the calling of your fleet for help on missions. That would add another element to combat as well
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Hell I'd pay 400 cryptic pts for a customizable retrofit as well, just throwing that out there
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderkayne View Post
Hell Yeah i love this idea especially the calling of your fleet for help on missions. That would add another element to combat as well
Give it awhile...someone will either flame it in a minute or divert attention to a thread with an attempt to overshadow this idea. STO forums, gotta love'em.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I'd much prefer that to making them a playable character.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
I'd much prefer that to making them a playable character.
That's fine and all...and could even be chosen as an end goal option for perhaps one of the promoted captains. To continue on to Admiralship. But, I like this idea because delegating tasks and issuing gear and promotions to a fleet under your command seens like a Fleet Admiral thing to do.