Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
btw - it is part of my job to take the heat and there have been many thoughtful and honest rants about STO that deserve a response from the team.

I appreciate that for the most part the vitriol is meant out of love and desire to make things better. I figure the best way to combat the "CrypticSux" commentary is with action and honesty. Trying to fight those verbal battles is futile.

At the end of the day we have to listen, respond, and make the best decisions for the game so that we can continue to enjoy something we all obviously love dearly.

So rant away. I can take it. And if I get annoyed, Stormshade bans me until I'm nice again
Oh, I'm not suggesting we stop ranting and being vocal about our views of the game at all. That is part of what the forums are for after all, and as I mentioned you guys are one of the best studios I've ever seen about responding to and acting on those suggestions and complaints. I'm just suggesting that we need more of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mH-L6UCCAE rather than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHZy80dmXM

Basically, I want the community to be more rational about their demands and desires and more civil in posting them, but most of all I think we need to recognize the necessary time element in developing anything and simply be patient.

Hum, I think I've finally found my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2011, 07:20 AM
I'll ease up on Dstahl when STO gets what it needs - CONTENT, in an abundance, made by devs who are paid to make it, not the players who pay them; BUG FIXES, in an abundance; a PvP queue that works; and a better carrot stick than just currency for shinies to get more currency.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2011, 07:28 AM
What I find the most funny is that a user can come on here and give a total brutal rant...anything from "cryptic sux" to "the devs are incompetent" anything like that.

Then Dstahl or one of the other devs will respond to it, and all of a sudden that user is like, "well, I didn't mean to say those things...I like you as a person, I just feel..." blah blah blah.

It's easy to talk smack behind someone's back, especially on the Internet. Alot of the times that attitude changes when the person responds.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I'll ease up on Dstahl when STO gets what it needs - CONTENT, in an abundance, made by devs who are paid to make it, not the players who pay them; BUG FIXES, in an abundance; a PvP queue that works; and a better carrot stick than just currency for shinies to get more currency.
Yeah, the whole point of my post wasn't to tell you to stop asking for what you want, it's more of a comment on the way we make these points than the points themselves. I agree with you, we need more content, bug fixes will be an ongoing issue forever, pvp takes too long to get into, and we need more of an end game. I just think we can be civil while saying so.

Well, that and that we need to be realistic in our timetables.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm not easing up on anybody until the personal bank gets some love!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200839

Come on already, we're using ******** circa 1996 banks! No containers? No tabs for personal banks?

With the amount of barely usable feature episode crap we get, I figured this would have been mentioned by now.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
... 'Cult of Dstahl'...
Best cover band name, ever. Who wants in?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Stahl is a big boy and he can take care of himself, guys. He doesn't need white knight forum posters riding in to his aid. There is nothing wrong at leveling criticism so long as it is constructive. In fact, I'm sure we can make a running list of improvements made to the game that found their beginnings in these "meanie" posts and threads.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
btw - it is part of my job to take the heat and there have been many thoughtful and honest rants about STO that deserve a response from the team.

I appreciate that for the most part the vitriol is meant out of love and desire to make things better. I figure the best way to combat the "CrypticSux" commentary is with action and honesty. Trying to fight those verbal battles is futile.

At the end of the day we have to listen, respond, and make the best decisions for the game so that we can continue to enjoy something we all obviously love dearly.

So rant away. I can take it. And if I get annoyed, Stormshade bans me until I'm nice again
You mean actions like this?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
I figure the best way to combat the "CrypticSux" commentary is with action and honesty.
Yes, it is. Something I'm pleased to see finally bearing fruit.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Exactly. I realize that MMOs are always going to grow and change, but that doesn't excuse launching an MMO without enough content to bring a character to the level cap. It also doesn't excuse launching a mediocre MMO and then ranting against paying customers who are complaining that the service they're paying for isn't what they were flat out told it would be.

There is no hate or anger or vitriol in any of my posts. I feel no love for Dstahl, but neither do I feel any hate. I do have some respect for him, and for what he and his team have accomplished since he took the reins, but I'm going to continue to criticize his product until it meets the standard that I'm looking for.

Just as I would any other product/service that I'm paying for.