Lt. Commander
# 71
02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
I would just like to take the time to thank the development team for giving up there weekend to satisfy the masses. I do believe you probabley would'nt get over time and it was done out of your love for the game and fear of the community. Awsome 2nd episode launch Guys, your doing a remarkable job.

However don't relax, there are still bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
btw - it is part of my job to take the heat and there have been many thoughtful and honest rants about STO that deserve a response from the team.

I appreciate that for the most part the vitriol is meant out of love and desire to make things better. I figure the best way to combat the "CrypticSux" commentary is with action and honesty. Trying to fight those verbal battles is futile.

At the end of the day we have to listen, respond, and make the best decisions for the game so that we can continue to enjoy something we all obviously love dearly.

So rant away. I can take it. And if I get annoyed, Stormshade bans me until I'm nice again
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
You're right. He doesn't need to see posts like this. That said, DStahl is human much like the rest of us. Encouraging threads such as this are awesome things that the community can do to keep our morale high.

Seeing this thread likely lifted the burden of a great deal of negativity that he's absorbed lately from his shoulders. This is a good thing. It's like throwing new batteries in a flashlight. That beam of light he's shedding on STO? It just got a little bit stronger. It also means I'm much less likely to ever need to ban him. :p

We want to hear your criticism. We want to know what you want to see from STO, and we want to provide that to you. The way you deliver that criticism is up to you. However, if all you speak of is doom and gloom, that will have just as much an affect on you as it will the developers.

Please remember that there's nothing wrong with complimenting people every now and then as well.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I was there for the C-Store conflagration...

I was there for the KDF melt down...

I was angry during both and still peeved about both to a degree.

If you have the chance could you give a big thanks to the whole team for me. I really enjoy this game and appreciate how you all bust tail to entertain me. Even when a lot of bugs showed up yesterday and i got DCed so often I did not bother to finish walking the one toon I did play through last week's featured episode, (yup I did not even get a chance to try this weeks), the improvements I have seen since open beta has made me very happy. My enjoyment of the KDF material is good enough that, aside from running my existing Feddies through new featured content, I do nothing but swing Kling now.

For that matter I am pleased enough with the KDF side that I would not cry foul if the Dev team decided to shift attention to the Rommies or the Cardies and I have no intention to really play either. What has me even happier is that while I am satisfied with the KDF, Stahl himself is not and wants to bring KDF even closer to UFP play before he intros a new faction.

From the February Ask Cryptic:

"Q: m.parsons: Can you tell us what discussions or plans there might be concerning when the Romulans become a playable faction what we can maybe expect?

A: The leads on the project discuss playable Romulans all the time. The biggest concerns that I've pointed out in previous interviews is that it would be very difficult to introduce a new Faction until we feel the Klingon Empire has an improved Faction experience. That said, we still discuss how and when we would introduce the Romulan faction. Obviously, with their homeworld destroyed, it would be interesting where they call "home". The latest Feature Episode series is starting to delve into their story and show just how fractured their people are at the moment. Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea."

By this time, even if they weren't when they started this project, the STO Dev team is as big a Trek geek as the majority of us. In spite of things that others label as a mistake like letting the art team do more art instead of shifting them to fix bugs, or adding "obsolete" ships to the game they are doing something right as the population was up so high as to make allot of us DC. A bad thing with a silver lining. If the numbers are up you are doing something right. Keep it up because I and many more really like what we are experiencing.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Just like the Cryptic sux threads this type of thread doesn't really help STO. Most of the people that work for Cryptic probably have very good educations. I really don't think they are very worried about people who post on a video game forum liking them or disliking them.

What they need to hear is what we like, what we dislike and why. Also what we want in STO and why? Thats what will make make STO better and their jobs easier.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Im very happy these guys come in on a weekend. good job STo Dev team
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Just like the Cryptic sux threads this type of thread doesn't really help STO. Most of the people that work for Cryptic probably have very good educations. I really don't think they are very worried about people who post on a video game forum liking them or disliking them.

What they need to hear is what we like, what we dislike and why. Also what we want in STO and why? Thats what will make make STO better and their jobs easier.
Possibly. Besides reminding the devs that we do appreciate their work this doesn't directly influence much. But if can help the forum overall adopt a bit more civil tone as we talk about what we like/don't like that can help. Ranting may get noticed more visibly (i.e. responses) but I doubt it gets taken more seriously than well thought out and civil threads.

In any case, we have been mentioning some things even in this thread besides just the original topic, like the amount of bugs in game, (check out peregrine's post if you haven't it's quite thorough) that we don't like the idea of locking captain's into their class type ship, etc. In just about any discussion these things come up naturally.
Lt. Commander
I had an IT director tell me one time that 364 days of "atta boy"s will be completely erased by 1 day of issues.

It all comes down to "what have you done for me lately?".

We have a game that grew exponentially in content, features, and playability from Closed Beta, through Open Beta, to Live, to the 1 year anniversary.

I will admit I get frustrated, but I keep coming back because I like this game.

Yes, I want more content, yes, I want more stability, yes, I want something to keep me interested, but I love what they've done more than loathe what they haven't done.

Technically, to be successful, you only have to right 51% of the time...until I think the game developers and engineers are wrong 51% of the time, I'm going to keep coming back.

Cya online.

Mikel