Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So, I have recently deided to re-sub and see is Star Trek is worth playing again. I played and capped very early after release and stopped playing around march of last year.

My question is, will I be so completley lost that it would be better to relevel and start over?
Or is the game pick and and continue on friendly?
Have things changed alot getting from ensign to rear admiral?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I would just pick up where you left off, in my honest opinion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
A lot has changed, including another rank since you left. I'd do both if you have the character slots. Play you're current captain, figure out the traits you want for him and you BoFfs (how all the skills have changed etc) and build a new one based on what you learn from your current captain. Also, there's some PvE missions added to Klingon side if you want to try that out (a unique Bat'leth is a nice mission reward for 1 of them).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
I would just pick up where you left off, in my honest opinion.
Thanks, I'll def look at my old Rear Admiral when I'm finished patching. It's bee quite a long time, Guess I'll have to try and remember how to respec and take a look at my Ship and what not.

The game worth playing now?

Ive come into some spare time and am looking for a good game to play. Not sure I ever really Gave STO a fighting chance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
A lot has changed, including another rank since you left. I'd do both if you have the character slots. Play you're current captain, figure out the traits you want for him and you BoFfs (how all the skills have changed etc) and build a new one based on what you learn from your current captain. Also, there's some PvE missions added to Klingon side if you want to try that out (a unique Bat'leth is a nice mission reward for 1 of them).
Very cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah when i left I had a rear admiral Tac officer, but i think i had it all messed up. Have to figure out where to respec and redo his stuff, then head off and see what trouble i can get myself into.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayen View Post
Thanks, I'll def look at my old Rear Admiral when I'm finished patching. It's bee quite a long time, Guess I'll have to try and remember how to respec and take a look at my Ship and what not.

The game worth playing now?

Ive come into some spare time and am looking for a good game to play. Not sure I ever really Gave STO a fighting chance.
Heck to the yeah it is, the weeklies make it awesome

here is a webpage to help you in sticky situations It's helped my fleet out allot as well, but still you have the one that makes you face palm..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
Heck to the yeah it is, the weeklies make it awesome

here is a webpage to help you in sticky situations It's helped my fleet out allot as well, but still you have the one that makes you face palm..
Cool i look forward to seeing the link you're talking about.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I have also returned this month after leaving STO shortly after launch (spent time in CB prior). I've picked up where I left off with my old character without issue. There is a lot of new features to enjoy and I think you'll probably like the feature episodes, they're pretty nice episodic injections.

If you want to respec your character, you can go to the central room (look for the solar system hologram) of Earth Space Dock where there is a respec NPC.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.