Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't trust my mom.
02-11-2011, 04:18 PM
So I'm in a room in the house. I hear screaming. It's loud. It's some kid and sounds like it's in the next house.

I'm about to go check and my mom says it's a kid in the next yard she saw fighting about not wanting to go with a parent somewhere due to a divorce. So, despite it being loud as heck and sounding really close I decide to trust her word.

It turns out it was a kid IN OUR GARAGE screaming his head off to his mom (also in our garage!). The kid is disabled with a medium functioning (enough to talk) mental disability and apparently ran into our garage to get away from the mother. So for like 45 minutes I'm hearing screaming and want to check it out but my mom kept telling me it was next door and just some whiny kid. I trusted her .

Turns out my mom didn't even know anything and just guessed. Later she found out they had been in the garage when the lady apologized to her.

Okay, the situation is understandable. The kid is disabled and it was a tough situation. However I'm left with the thought that I shouldn't trust my mom's words and can easily imagine someone stabbing someone in this house, or killing someone, or using our house to get away from the cops and has hostages while the cops are outside on a loud speaker trying to calm him down... while he's in our garage. All the time my mom telling me nothing is happening.

I knew I should have checked myself. My mom is oblivious and I was crazy to take her word for it . This whole time I'm doing photoshop work and chatting here while this kid is making it hard to think and screaming.

And I still think "what if it was something more serious?"

XP

If someone was being stabbed I'd be here like an idiot playing games or something. A week later I find the bodies. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Maybe you should rely on your own observations instead of asking your mom?

Just a thought. You can trust nothing but your own perception... and even that can be altered ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Just take your medication and it'll all be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Maybe you should rely on your own observations instead of asking your mom?

Just a thought. You can trust nothing but your own perception... and even that can be altered ^_^
I was thinking the same.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll be honest; I'd be looking for the sound. I wouldn't have even asked.

How did either of them get into your garage?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
It's not like I rely on my mom to tell me everything.

I just didn't think much of it at the time. I figured "why would she give me false information in this situation of a screaming kid who I'd check to make sure they weren't dying?" but that was too big of an assumption I guess.

I wouldn't think someone would bull crap a story for such a situation.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I'll be honest; I'd be looking for the sound. I wouldn't have even asked.

How did either of them get into your garage?
This is what I would have done.

And then I would have found how they got in the garage. Such a security breach of inner lair cannot be allowed to happen again. What if it had been the heroes instead of some...resisting urge to use derogatory term...kid and his mom having a screaming match? My whole plan could have been foiled.

And then I would have had to eliminate the two intruders. Can't have them blabbing to the OSI about the secret death rays and other experiments in the ol' garage.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Our doors are unlocked when we're home and not asleep so it wouldn't be hard for anyone to get in ever.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Maybe she was trying to protect you. Yes, seriously. Maybe she was trying to resolve the situation without involving you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Nope. She didn't know they were even there. She told me she went outside and found everything out. Later I find out she went outside and made a ton of assumptions of the situation INCLUDING where they were. Then she said it as if it were all fact.

No protection. Heck, she uses ME for protection when there's any protection involved (I'm a big 25 year old). Just assumptions and mistakes and a life lesson for me. That lesson being "NEVER TRUST MOMS!" and I will spread the word down many generations.