Lt. Commander
# 21
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
Maybe you should rely on your own observations instead of asking your mom?

Just a thought. You can trust nothing but your own perception... and even that can be altered ^_^
Bingo!

Two drunk guys met in one of the bars I used to work in, and got even more smashed. The staff put up with them till they decided to leave, (pre revised Dram Shop Law in Arizona). They were so drunk one staggered out like rubber band man with no skeleton to support him, while he drug the other who had passed out.

The manager was at the door with me and waved me off because they looked like friends.

They made it halfway through the parking lot before the liquor in the conscious one hit his system and he dropped the passed out guy who hit his head on the asphalt so hard I could feel it in the soles of my feet even though they were about seventy five feet away.

I started to engage but my manager waved me off again, he said he did not want me to get hurt! I was a bouncer, a head bouncer who if he had to could bounce a sober doorman if they got out of control, and potential injury was part of the job. Again I listened and did not stop the man from lifting his new found friend to his feet and dropping him again so hard that once again I felt the impact of his skull against he ground in my ankles.

This went on six more times. Each time I went to stop the overly helpful drunk. Each time I was called back. Long story short the passed out guy eventually got a ride to the hospital most likely with multiple concussions.

What did I learn? While you should always be open to good advice or at least a different point of view, sometimes you have to listen to your instincts and your intuition. That and a good soldier knows when to disobey.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Our doors are unlocked when we're home and not asleep so it wouldn't be hard for anyone to get in ever.
That's a bad idea. Lock your doors, even when you're home.

I mean, like you said, it could have been a murderer trying to escape from the police and they would have been able to just walk right in and take your family hostage.

And it doesn't matter how nice a neighborhood you live in either. Bad people can be anywhere. You can't trust anyone these days, not even your neighbors.

Be safe. Lock up. Make it a habit.

Lt. Commander
# 23
02-11-2011, 07:44 PM
What blackavatar said.

I live in the middle of no where, about a mile from my closest neighbor, and I still lock the doors, have security cameras and motion sensors outside. I don't like surprises.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
For once in my life, I have absolutely no prepared sarcasm. Congratulations.

...wait, was that a contradictory statement?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
For once in my life, I have absolutely no prepared sarcasm. Congratulations.

...wait, was that a contradictory statement?
I believe so sir. We'll make you a Dr. Richard Beeching out of you yet! :p