Lt. Commander
The Enterprise C? Come again?

So the C is sitting in mothballs somewhere hidden in a top secret Romulan starbase inside some asteroid (hint hint new mission where we must go find her) as the Romulans little ship in a bottle? I guess they kept it to get as much Federation tech from it as they could? And now Sela discovers it was saved, borgifies it, using that new Romulan / Borg tech they are working on at the Vault, and brings it out of mothballs to come at us as the ultimate payback to Starfleet to take down the Federation with their own beloved ship? (Starbase UGC user RachelGarret is going to be ticked you used her ship as an instrument of doom, lol) Ok. I can accept that. And hey, if the Borg couldnt succeed at using Captain Picard against us, why not try using THE ENTERPRISE against us. That makes Trek sense. But, first...

PAY BRENT SPINER HIS MONEY AND GET HIM HERE ASAP!!!! You'll make the money back in subscriptions!

Because if the ugly step sister of the family (you know its the ugliest Enterprise, face it. Sorry Captain Garret) is coming back to haunt us, I want the the Enterprise E with Captain Data taking that be-otch down!

Or, wait for it.......

The Borgified Enterprise C takes down the E with Data on board (who narrowly escapes), and BINGO we need a new Enterprise F! Then the F takes down the C! BRILLIANT!!! And Cryptic didnt want to hire me

And about that "crew" problem, just rename it to what it is, "Battle Station Efficiency" or "General Quarters Efficiency". Because this way, you can still imagine some crew dying, and the remaining crew gets knocked off their feet temporarily (thrown across the bridge, lol), but then the crew still alive, gets their bearings back, and steps up their game, and gets you back to 100% effiecieny, running on less crew. And the recharging ability can remain until the battle is over, but if you are playing advanced, you need to go recrew at starbase to fill lost crew that died. I think that makes the most sense from a role playing mindset.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
uhm the U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-C was destroyed in a battle to save a klingon outpost only a handful of the crew survived the C was confirmed destroyed so uhm no
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNT009 View Post
The Enterprise C? Come again?

So the C is sitting in mothballs somewhere hidden in a top secret Romulan starbase inside some asteroid (hint hint new mission where we must go find her) as the Romulans little ship in a bottle? I guess they kept it to get as much Federation tech from it as they could? And now Sela discovers it was saved, borgifies it, using that new Romulan / Borg tech they are working on at the Vault, and brings it out of mothballs to come at us as the ultimate payback to Starfleet to take down the Federation with their own beloved ship? (Starbase UGC user RachelGarret is going to be ticked you used her ship as an instrument of doom, lol) Ok. I can accept that. And hey, if the Borg couldnt succeed at using Captain Picard against, why not try using THE ENTERPRISE against us. That makes Trek sense. But, first...

PAY BRENT SPINER HIS MONEY AND GET HIM HERE ASAP!!!! You'll make the money back in subscriptions!

Because if the ugly step sister of the family (you know its the ugliest Enterprise, face it. Sorry Captain Garret) is coming back to haunt us, I want the the Enterprise E with Captain Data taking that be-otch down!

Or, wait for it.......

The Borgified Enterprise C takes down the E with Data on board (who narrowly escapes), and BINGO we need a new Enterprise F! Then the F takes down the C! BRILLIANT!!! And Cryptic didnt want to hire me

And about that "crew" problem, just rename it to what it is, "Battle Station Efficiency" or "General Quarters Efficiency". Because this way, you can still imagine some crew dying, and the remaining crew gets knocked off their feet temporarily (thrown across the bridge, lol), but then the crew still alive, gets their bearings back, and steps up their game, and gets you back to 100% effiecieny, running on less crew. And the recharging ability can remain until the battle is over, but if you are playing advanced, you need to go recrew at starbase to fill lost crew that died. I think that makes the most sense from a role playing mindset.

Interesting concepts. However, this reads like Timothy Zahn or JM Dillard. A bit too "fannish", IMHO, but I like the idea that the Ent-C is in storage somewhere....

I figure the battle at...Nerendra 3 went something like this - Ent-C comes in, helps out, takes a beating, get sucked into space anomaly, seemingly pops back out moments later, mostly repaired and kicking some butt but is just simply overwhelmed. The Romulans are curious as to this new ability, technology or "super-weapon" that can enable a single starship to seemingly insta-repair and valiantly defend against a greater number so well.

In the end, they likely said "It's a FAAAAAAAAKE!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
And after Data takes command of the F, who gets her shakedown cruise as taking down the C, he decides to leave the captains chair and go teach at Cambridge for a decade or two. End Brent Spiner cameo. You could play this story out for two seasons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I think dstahl is referring to something more along the lines of an episode similar to "Birthright" from TNG, covering Sela's back story.

My guess is something happens to Yar aboard the Enterprise-C and we have to go back and stop it. Although I would prefer not to have so many time travel episodes close together.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufia
uhm the U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-C was destroyed in a battle to save a klingon outpost only a handful of the crew survived the C was confirmed destroyed so uhm no
Well, Cryptic is saying it wasnt destroyed, that much seems obvious by Dstahls hints. And who reported it destroyed? Im going to be Netflixing those episodes ASAP, both Yesterdays Enterprise, and the Sela episodes, Reunification I think it was? I want to hear the exact wording again. Obviously Cryptic thinks they found a loophole. I want to see the loophole for myself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
Interesting concepts. However, this reads like Timothy Zahn or JM Dillard. A bit too "fannish", IMHO, but I like the idea that the Ent-C is in storage somewhere....

I figure the battle at...Nerendra 3 went something like this - Ent-C comes in, helps out, takes a beating, get sucked into space anomaly, seemingly pops back out moments later, mostly repaired and kicking some butt but is just simply overwhelmed. The Romulans are curious as to this new ability, technology or "super-weapon" that can enable a single starship to seemingly insta-repair and valiantly defend against a greater number so well.

In the end, they likely said "It's a FAAAAAAAAKE!!!"
LMAO, way to take my torch and run wih it. Nice. I liked that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Well, Cryptic is saying it wasnt destroyed, that much seems obvious by Dstahls hints. And who reported it destroyed? Im going to be Netflixing those episodes ASAP, both Yesterdays Enterprise, and the Sela episodes, Reunification I think it was? I want to hear the exact wording again. Obviously Cryptic thinks they found a loophole. I want to see the loophole for myself.

There was a bogus script floating around at some point that Yar never "really" died in " The Skin of Evil" and later was used to replace Sela by section 31 or Starfleet Intel. In fact, there was a "back door" left in that episode where Dr. Crusher does something to the med panel a la Lando to Carbonite Container for Han Solo...

...or am I just seeing things in my head?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
There was a bogus script floating around at some point that Yar never "really" died in " The Skin of Evil" and later was used to replace Sela by section 31 or Starfleet Intel. In fact, there was a "back door" left in that episode where Dr. Crusher does something to the med panel a la Lando to Carbonite Container for Han Solo...

...or am I just seeing things in my head?
Im unfamiliar with that. But Tasha needs to STAY dead. Whatever that story was, THAT sounds too fanish IMHO to bring Tasha "back" to replace Sela. Thats too big of a scrambled mess of a time paradox.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Im unfamiliar with that. But Tasha needs to STAY dead. Whatever that story was, THAT sounds too fanish IMHO to bring Tasha "back" to replace Sela. That's too big of a scrambled mess of a time paradox.
Agreed. However, wasn't there a quickie closeup of Dr.Crusher doing something "weird" relating to her in that episode? Gah, it's been so long...