Lt. Commander
# 31
02-13-2011, 05:24 AM
My newest ship is called the U.S.S Hosni Mubarak
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd like to thank the Egyptian people for giving me something fun to watch on CNN during my various plane trips/ long hours in the airports these past few weeks.

Edit: I would also like to thank them for giving the world these people, especially bread man.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I want the new Egypt inspired Lego sets but I'm not letting myself buy them. I spent like $1000 on legoes over a year ago and though I love 'em they just sit there because I have other stuff to do. I rarely get to do anything with them because they take so much time.

I mean the new sets have turbans and stuff. Finally some non-European / Japanese origin sets. The world wasn't only knights in shiny armor, pirates and ninjas.
an AFOL?

Anyway......I bought the one with the plane.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I'd like to thank the Egyptian people for giving me something fun to watch on CNN during my various plane trips/ long hours in the airports these past few weeks.

Edit: I would also like to thank them for giving the world these people, especially bread man.
Those are some interesting helmet designs, I will give them that.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Egypt. America's "damned if we do, damned if we don't" policied country.
We give them billions in aid and thus far it's been a wink-and-a-nod type arrangement where the country's government did not remotely resemble democracy, but we tolerated it because it was generally moderate and Hosni was one of the few leaders in the Middle East who did not advocate for the destruction of Israel.

Thank God they don't have nukes. And while I'm happy for the people of Egypt, I'm also sad for the younger Iranian generations, who are just like us in that they want to live their lives without getting harassed by vice police and other lunatics. Now that the Iranian regime has witnessed the events in Egypt, they're quickly turning more brutal in clamping down on protests in their own country, for fear of getting toppled like Hosni Mubarak.

On the other hand, that just means more gorgeous Persian girls coming here to the States instead of putting up with the crazies in their own country.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pattern_Jugglers View Post
...gorgeous Persian girls...
They are quite beautiful. And they do so love it when they discover I know how to say a few lines in Farsi.