Lt. Commander
# 1 Fighter Device
02-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Yes, I'm still pushing it. I think it would be awesome to launch a combat fighter from a device slot. Nothing like a carrier just 1 or 2; fighters, shuttles or a runabout at a time for every 3ish minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2011, 03:45 AM
I don't like the idea. I hate all the spam. Could it at least be some PvE only option?

Either way,there is already something like that in the game, I am not sure if you are up-to-date on that or not- if you complete The Vault (first of the Romulan Featured Episodes), you get a device that allows you to launch Romulan Scorpion Fighters. (Not Federation shuttles unfortunately. For people like you I hope that is something they'll add at some point, maybe as craftable equipment. For people like me I hope they leave it as PvE only. )
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
It's a bit (way way)too late for the spam option. PvE Feddies already have shuttles. People wouldn't have to beezy over the carriers. Don't get me wrong, I heart my carrier but the klings have spam a lot with several of their ships. Fedies are fairly spam free.

Won't you ahve to complete the mission for everytime you want to launch the fighters?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
And unfortunately, the fighters you recieve from The Vault only work with carriers, so me and my cruiser don't get to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking
Don't get me wrong, I heart my carrier but the klings have spam a lot with several of their ships. Fedies are fairly spam free.

Won't you ahve to complete the mission for everytime you want to launch the fighters?
Karfi doesn't spam. The Maurader can spawn 5 fighters once every 3 min max with a max of 5 fighters out at one time. Only the Varanus can really spam....and they are shieldless weak things. So what do you mean "klings have spam a lot with several of their ships."?

Last I checked the device has 20 uses, each use consumes 1 charge but spawns 5 fighters. You can only have one device at a time, but it lasts a while if you only use it when you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
And unfortunately, the fighters you recieve from The Vault only work with carriers, so me and my cruiser don't get to use them.
If they only work with Carriers explain how I see Fed ships launch them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
The ones from the vault are device slot items. 20 (soon to be 50) charges, five fighters per deployment, and a few minutes for cooldown (dont use them enough to remember off hand).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Karfi doesn't spam. The Maurader can spawn 5 fighters once every 3 min max with a max of 5 fighters out at one time. Only the Varanus can really spam....and they are shieldless weak things. So what do you mean "klings have spam a lot with several of their ships."?
As far as I'm concerned they have plenty of ships with pets. That makes spam a lot. You can feel free to impose semantics all you want. Swarms are not uncommon during PvP. Both sides have photonic fleet and the fleet support, by comparison Klings do spam a lot with several of their ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2011, 01:44 AM
If "a lot" with "several" means simply any amount greater than the other side than yes I agree. It's hardly semantics though. The biggest problems are fighters and mines. And the only ship that lays any sort of exclusive claim to either is the VoQuv with fighter spam. Most ships can spam Scorpions. Any ship can spam mines.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Ive seen a fed ship pop out more Ai units than a Vo'quv(the Vo'quv at this point in time). You'd be amazed at how many mines one can deploy with a few mine lunachers, mine powers, a few tran/C.O.L. luanchers, scorp fighters, Photonic fleet, deployable phaser turret, and the emergency reinforment power.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
If "a lot" with "several" means simply any amount greater than the other side than yes I agree. It's hardly semantics though. The biggest problems are fighters and mines. And the only ship that lays any sort of exclusive claim to either is the VoQuv with fighter spam. Most ships can spam Scorpions. Any ship can spam mines.
Yes, generally subjective value judgments such as "a lot" are based in a comparison.