Lt. Commander
# 61
02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
One of mine died. I thought maybe there was an accolade for keeping them all alive.
Don't think there is, my Engy is high enough on the diplo ranks to get Janek to surrender, and I saved all four of the prisoners with a tac BOff and a drone/turret combo to the hallway guards.

All four got to the exit, and got out. So, no accolade. Sorry. hehehe.

I only have one little nitpick with this episode:

The Federation has had prior contact with the Hortas, they are known, and known as not hostile unless provoked. And we only got to 'meet' one, when Roms were shooting at their eggs? I was rather hoping we'd get to do something more to help the mother Horta out, especially with two telepaths (tac run), one being science and a doctor. :p Oh well. Hope this isn't the last we hear of that, since they're likely to be abused again as soon as the mine is reopened.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
You do get an accolade for getting Janek to surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions View Post
So can someone tell me if there is anyway NOT to kill Janek? Do you have to have maxed diplomacy? Do you have to do things in a certain order?
If so what order? And what happens if you dont kill her?
I did it with a char at Envoy, using all the diplo options. She basically said that her boss would kill her for it, but gave over the codes.

After all, per the initial cutscene, if the Feds get him, she might be able to get off easy by surrendering, since he was oppressing everyone there, and it was witnessed.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
You do get an accolade for getting Janek to surrender.
Really? I didn't.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Maybe it has other requirements too. I used every Diplomacy option I was given and got an accolade for "Tal Shiar Statesmanship" or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
There are 4 Accolades for this mission that I could gather:

1) Surface Class / Profession Accolades
2) Team Accolades
3) Diplomacy Accolade (Tal Shiar Statecraft)
4) Horta Accolade (No Kill I)
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Maybe it has other requirements too. I used every Diplomacy option I was given and got an accolade for "Tal Shiar Statesmanship" or something like that.
Statecraft is for not killing the guard at the first door, not for Janek, I believe. Or for not killing either, possibly.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
I really liked this mission. The cutscenes were great.

I also like that the mission ends with you on your ship doing some work. Using the interior of the ship gives it functionality. I'm all for that.

I also thought the look of the mining town was great. It really seemed desolate, and you could see why the Romulans there were so desperate.

The advancement of the Romulan story was great.

I can't wait to advance my diplomacy skills and try this again.

Nicely done, Devs.
Lt. Commander
# 69 Loved it!
02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Loved the new Episode! The encryption was a nice touch.

But what was up with Madran? He looked like someonw stepped on his head and ran over him with a steam roller. :p
Lt. Commander
# 70
02-12-2011, 05:50 PM
one of the NPC's says something about those wild dogs, and about how if you take a baby one you can tame it before it grows up.. I went around the map killing them all thinking one would drop a pet baby one of them :[