Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Ok, I've had the Tactical part of this fail on me twice now, with science and Engineering players on my team doing their parts, so I decided to try and figure out what was causing the malfunction.

To begin with, I'll describe what happened when the tactical assignment didn't work:
Firstly, we made sure that the Science player rescued all the injured crew members.
Secondly we talked to the Captain.
Thirdly, the engineer saved the warp core.
Fourthly, the Tac officer tried to vent the plasma onto the Orions, but nothing happened after hitting the "continue" button.

I'll include a Screen Shot of the specific dialog box once I run this solo on my tactical officer.

***Here's the way that worked***
Firstly, we made sure that the Science player rescued all the injured crew members.
Thirdly, the Tactical officer vented plasma onto the Orions, giving them a toasty bath.
Fourthly, the engineer saved the warp core.
Finally, we got the "Works well with others" Accolade.

So for those of you having difficulty, try it that way. Hopefully this info is helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
Ok, I've had the Tactical part of this fail on me twice now, with science and Engineering players on my team doing their parts, so I decided to try and figure out what was causing the malfunction.

To begin with, I'll describe what happened when the tactical assignment didn't work:
Thirdly, the engineer saved the warp core.
Fourthly, the Tac officer tried to vent the plasma onto the Orions, but nothing happened after hitting the "continue" button.

I'll include a Screen Shot of the specific dialog box once I run this solo on my tactical officer.

***Here's the way that worked***
Thirdly, the Tactical officer vented plasma onto the Orions, giving them a toasty bath.
Fourthly, the engineer saved the warp core.
Finally, we got the "Works well with others" Accolade.

So for those of you having difficulty, try it that way. Hopefully this info is helpful.
Interesting. I've had 3 succesful runs of this so far, using the first plan you mentioned. Perhaps it was something else? Did you have more than one Tactical character interacting with the console?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Update: Just experienced this bug again with the Tactical Accolade.

Sci got accolade first, then Engineer before heading for transporter. Then the designated Tactical captain (there were 2) could not interact with the plasma console outside of Engineering. The other Tactical couldn't interact with it either.

Team makeup:
2 Tactical
1 Engineer
1 Science
1 BOFF

Annoying