Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Totally agree. They went above and beyond in a really short amount of time. When we first play tested the episode all the Romulans were in their standard uniforms and it just felt wrong. So as a complete "drive-by" to their schedule, we asked them what they could come up with that would give us a 3rd Romulan look (1 being the Military, 1 being the Remans, and the new one being Civilian).

It feels much better when it feels like ordinary Romulan citizenry instead of military walking about.

Great work to Matt and Denis on this (not to mention they also did the Horta and well... every other costume and NPC face in the entire series).
Here, here - team deserves a round after such a good job.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Great work on this mission!
The little mine carts were an awesome touch!

Also loved the new civilian clothing!
Bring on that Romulan faction! =)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Dstahl, please add my truest gushes of Wowisms to the stack... I agree with Commodore Stipe, Tiberion1701, and Armsman on every point... Awesome mission! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The designers will be very happy to read your comments. Despite the server issues, the developers spent a lot of time and effort into putting the details into this mission. This is the kind of missions I want to be playing in STO and I look forward to the day when all the missions in the game are this quality and better.
Hear, hear... 100% agree, d. This mission was out of this world good - you know one of those really high quality console sci fi games (like Mass Effect for example)? You buy the game and you play it and that's it, other then the occasional DLC? Well today I felt like I was playing a high quality console game and not "just a MMORPG." The graphical quality level was raised so high I think you're going to have to work doubly hard to maintain this level of quality, the mine town was THAT good. The active NPCs that actually were doing things was amazing as well.

That was one negative about the Deferi home world, the Deferi were just "milling around" it looked fake (as awesome as the city/flying ships in the sky/architecture was), while this Romulan/Ferengi mining camp was...

Well, two thumbs up... three if I were a Edosian
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-13-2011, 12:32 AM
This is not a complaint because I love playing the new episodes and I appreciate all the hard work that the dev team is putting into them. I am just a little frustrated with this episode though. For some reason when I enter the mine and you have to fight the two Romulans it only counts 1 out of 2. I can't get any further than that in the mission. Going to try again for my third time now. I hope it works.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
This is not a complaint because I love playing the new episodes and I appreciate all the hard work that the dev team is putting into them. I am just a little frustrated with this episode though. For some reason when I enter the mine and you have to fight the two Romulans it only counts 1 out of 2. I can't get any further than that in the mission. Going to try again for my third time now. I hope it works.
The 1/2 refers to 'groups' of Romulans. There's a second group further back in the mine.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-13-2011, 12:36 AM
/facepalm....
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Very happy to see the Romulans getting more love. This week's ep was way cool, atmosphere was alive and I love the new pet quite a bit.

My only real complaint (carried over from last week) is the quality of the VO acting. I'm just not really too keen on how the people are reading their parts, specifically, the bad guys who seem to be gushing with eeeeevil. T'Nea and Temek are sorta OK, but Obisek and Hakeev...oh man, waaaay too much gush! Obisek needs to sound a lil more like a normal leader to garner sympathy from the players-base, and Hakeev just needs to sound authorative, arrogant and direct rather than dastardly and gruff like he's doing a Nausican impression.

Other than that, well done and thanks for the Horta pup.

Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Yes, that mining settlement is really cool. Alive, dirty, "realistic". I like these kind of missions, where starfleet has no authotity, and no one cares for their shiny uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
The 1/2 refers to 'groups' of Romulans. There's a second group further back in the mine.
Oh seriously? I'm having the same problem as InterArmaEnimSilentLeges. I thought I looked everywhere, but I guess I missed them. I'll have to try again tomorrow.