Lt. Commander
# 21 curious...
02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I really enjoyed this mission.

Minimap navigation could be a tad bit better (however, I love that it was unique - I just hope not every minimap is that difficult to navigate).

I was initially searching to see if there was a post with a regard to no skill point, bridge officer points, merits/honour. Was that on purpose? :>

It's beautiful, and I already well enjoyed the game all around before this.... looking forward to the growth of STO, as always. =)

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2011, 01:12 AM
the mission was probably the best mmo mission ive played let alone in sto. it reminded me of old school baulder's gate. an active town, people to talk to, random attacks by paranoid visters, side missions, roaming animals outside. even little things like the roaming spot light and the mine car on the tracks.

if however i could improve the misison there are several areas that id like to see id like to see improved.

the space section was a pretty standard part and does not really give any indication top how awesome the ground part was. perhaps some improvements to spae, be it graphical, or some sort of side mission. its ok as it is but it could be better.

the romulan that has lost her brother. unless im mistaken there s no pay off. i assume the romulan i freed was here brother but i dont know. going back and talking to her yielded nothing. perhaps she should have offered an actual side mission (like the ore or satellite ones in the deferi daily) so if you rescue them and they dont get killed you can go back to her and collect a reward, or some kill points.

make the zone a persistent social zone so that even if you forget to hand in the mission you can go back and see her. add a vendor to the zone as well. the town is just too nice not to be able to visit it again normally.

the diplomacy section was great but unless im misunderstanding i think you can only avoid conflict if you are max level. i think in future there should be different outcomes depending on your level, with greater rewards and outcomes the higher you are and not just for those who have maxed it out.

a side mission to go cull the animals on the outskirts would have been cool, to try and help protect the village. thats could even become a daily if you make the zone persistent.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2011, 01:38 AM
I have to say, I was really dismayed at the lack of closure on one issue. One of the Civillians on the surface complains that his Brother went into the mine, and never came back. When I went into the mine, and found the prisoners.. I was happy about that. And when I got them to follow me all the way to the exit, I was soo looking forward to "I can't beleive it, you found my brother!"

Except, when I transition back outside.. no rescued prisoners.. no reunion.

I loved the episode, I loved the cutscenes. I hated not having the diplomacy skills to keep the Romulan commander alive, much less the door guard. I loved the sarcastic comments we were given as alternatives to diplomacy though... especially the one about fumigating the Tal Shiar infestation. I loved the civillians milling around, and the backstories of the random contacts were great and I loved getting the texture. I really felt "involved" in a "place"/

All in all, this was one of Cryptic's best episodes. And I really did enjoy it. I hope they're all this good.

But why are your Ferengi so strangely proportioned?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
I have to say, I was really dismayed at the lack of closure on one issue. One of the Civillians on the surface complains that his Brother went into the mine, and never came back. When I went into the mine, and found the prisoners.. I was happy about that. And when I got them to follow me all the way to the exit, I was soo looking forward to "I can't beleive it, you found my brother!"
I too wondered about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
But why are your Ferengi so strangely proportioned?
And this as well. The Ferengei seemed unusually short and squat. One other thing I noticed, and am not sure if someone else has posted this, but there's a typo in T'Nae's debrief. The first instance of Obisek's name is spelled Obsiek.

All in all, a fanstastic FE, I really enjoyed it a lot. Seeing quality work like this makes me really happy I sprung for the lifetime membership. Keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2011, 04:35 AM
I echo the enjoyment of others as well as the annoyance of not finding that person's brother. Also that person's gender changed after I got out of the mine. Very odd....

I also would like to note that on the Engineering mission, when I went to the open drill with the woman who runs away, I get a pop-up from my BO about her running off because she thinks I am going to get latinum from her or something. I had no idea that was coming nor did I even see her as she ran. I shrugged it off, walked around, came back, THEN I managed to catch her run away.

I think an initial "talk to her" would be helpful, even if she runs immediately after.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Dstahl where was the 30 second timer for you and your BO to actually have to leg it before the bomb goes off?
You guys need to put it in along with NO respawns allowed if you dont make it out in time.

Really every mission in STO feels like always win, no loss scenario. Much like the rest of the game.

Moving forward id like to see specific rewards and titles only available to players that complete mission or an entire series of missions on elite difficulty. Along with rewards or higher reward gain for actually winning a PVP match, instead of just showing up and dieing.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Dstahl where was the 30 second timer for you and your BO to actually have to leg it before the bomb goes off?
You guys need to put it in along with NO respawns allowed if you dont make it out in time.

Really every mission in STO feels like always win, no loss scenario. Much like the rest of the game.

Moving forward id like to see specific rewards and titles only available to players that complete mission or an entire series of missions on elite difficulty. Along with rewards or higher reward gain for actually winning a PVP match, instead of just showing up and dieing.
Oh come on, stop complaining, it felt sufficiently dramatic. And I actually took my time to see to it that all four freed miners get out together with me.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2011, 04:48 AM
I loved everything about the mission.

The highlight though was tripping the Thaleron mine.

I was stood there saying: "oooh that looks like the Thaleron Generator from Nemesis" then as it showered into the air i thought... how unbelievably stupid am i that i just watched the light show and FORGOT it was going to kill me.

Romulan clothing really was welcome and needed. The mine town itself was brilliant, i actually felt like i was walking around a TNG set from the old days and it also reminded me slightly of Hadley's Hope from Aliens. The plight of the people around was conveyed brilliantly through the use of the clothing, dialogue and set design. Most of all, the cutscene with camera movements and voice acting made me feel like i was playing the game on a completely different engine.

Horta! Nuff said.

The profanity filter prevents me from further expressing how pleased i am with this mission. Excellent job.

My only beef with the mission: The hailing of each moon at the beginning seemed out of place and slightly tacked on. There was nothing terribly great about it. I am not saying you should have cut it out, it was in fact necessary to show the location of the moon and a lead up to the main part of the mission. It just needed a tad more.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2011, 04:52 AM
LOVED the episode dstahl every little thing was just perfect with everything else, and i can't wait for next week's episode, and the two after that meeting the horta (nice NO KILL I reference btw), an adorable horta hatchling, diplomacy and optional objectives = the best mission ever, hands down

and that decoding the info in our ready room, GENIUS! for every mission you're remastering that has us stealing information from an enemy, can you add that part in? i love that little puzzle you gave us (and it would make more sense, since in a war, most secret info would be encoded and encrypted anyway)
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Oh come on, stop complaining, it felt sufficiently dramatic. And I actually took my time to see to it that all four freed miners get out together with me.
maybe you like the idea of a self destruct that never goes off but i feel its rather lame