Lt. Commander
yeah i was very unglad to see, that the few customizations for the dkyr somehow didnt made their way from tribble to live.

i cant change ANYthing on this ship ... no different coulours for hull, no patterns, no up/down warpring etc.

why this? for a 1200 ataripoits ship i think we can expect some different hulls-coulours and such.

hulls: vulcan-red !!!!!!!!!!! , some metallic-blue (like it was on your page a few days ago) and perhaps some more lighter metallic look. really i dont like that mud-brown hull.

patterns: i realised that adding patterns on the hull like on starfleet-ships is difficult, cause theres not much hull there ^^ but i think theres still place for slight ones.

warpring: okay its not very logical ! to have it turned down always, so ill drop this ^^

window-coulours: think there could be more. if hulls are implemented different lights will be have their effect.

to make it short:

i want a metallic/blue look for the hull, and want to mix it with blue window-light and some hull patterns, so it fits the aegis set!!!

to bad there is not single option. pls do that. i dont like un-customizables. the customizability of feds kept me playing them over kli ...
the ship is well done (though i really dislike that stopping event, when i launch the support vessel, causein pvp when you stop, you'll die ...)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2011, 02:11 AM
It's the same with alot of the other c-store ships - especialy on KDF side. It's truly sad that there aren't any custom design options above changing color patterns and bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2011, 02:17 AM
The developers have a production budget, measured in hours spent on a project.

The unique geometry, texturing issues it presented, as well as the custom animations ate most of the budget.

Doing everything amazing would mean everything would get released on a glacial pace. So, the trade-off is that you get one really good looking ship as opposed to weaker animation, geometry, texturing but more texture options.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Vulcans don't strike me as being big on customisation
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2011, 09:32 AM
You obviously never saw Spock in his Hot Rod days back during his youth at the Vulcan Academy

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...o1_500.jpg?o=1
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The developers have a production budget, measured in hours spent on a project.

The unique geometry, texturing issues it presented, as well as the custom animations ate most of the budget.

Doing everything amazing would mean everything would get released on a glacial pace. So, the trade-off is that you get one really good looking ship as opposed to weaker animation, geometry, texturing but more texture options.
That's a great theory except for one thing. The ship did have customization options when it was on Tribble. Those customization options were taken away right before the ship went to Holodeck and we were never even told why.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
That's a great theory except for one thing. The ship did have customization options when it was on Tribble. Those customization options were taken away right before the ship went to Holodeck and we were never even told why.
Indeed. and that even though I bought the ship. ****es me off a great deal. I customized it on tribble on one of my characters.I should be able to do so on Holodeck. or Redshirt. or Romulan Ale[My guess for the Secret Servers name].
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I just want "Starfleet Grey" colours... :s
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2011, 10:30 AM
you can sort of see what it would like like in Red here; http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8366/reddkyr.png
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty_Diatribe
Vulcans don't strike me as being big on customisation
The logic in your assessment is sound.

it's just my .02 , but I like them the way they are. Vulcans are not flashy or warlike. No need for flashy looks or 'tribal' patterns. I do wish the warp ring was more poseable, but i don't expect that change.