Lt. Commander
With the new duty roster being worked on, I was thinking that our main BO's should be divided into ship and ground. Here's what I mean:

On the ship you have a CMO right?? But on away missions why not have a Combat Medic?? I've seen enemy factions have a Combat Medic so why not us as well??

With the Combat Medic would come new trainable skills such as:

MedKit-- MedKit would allow the Medic or even the CMO to use any and all kinds of hypos such as Dylovene, Melorazine, Hyronalin, etc all at one time and more or less combine the current skills for these hypos. Vascular Regenerator would also be included in this new skill.

Emergency Triage-- this skill would have the Medic heal you or BO's in the order needed most during battle.

Medical Generator-- yes, I know this is an Engineer trait but this one could be shared by both.

Anyone agree??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
This is how I already play. I have certain BOs I train up for space and others have a ground focus. Admittedly it's not until you hit eight BOs that this comes fully into play, but I already handle it a lot like what you are suggesting, even to retraining some of my BOs in ground-specific skills.

Perhaps with the Duty Officer system, we'll be able to specify this further and perhaps gain abilities for those officers accordingly beyond the type of retraining we can do at this point.

It is an interesting idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Hmm...

How about something different? Two new types of officer:

1) Chief Medic [ground only] - full medic with no space role at all. Primary healer of the party.

2) Helmsman [space only] - grants combat manuever powers such as rolls or evasive action patterns.

Every ship gets a Helmsman BOFF slot added automatically. Allows possibility of new ships being granted additional Helmsman slots to distinguish themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
With the new duty roster being worked on, I was thinking that our main BO's should be divided into ship and ground. Here's what I mean:

On the ship you have a CMO right?? But on away missions why not have a Combat Medic?? I've seen enemy factions have a Combat Medic so why not us as well??

With the Combat Medic would come new trainable skills such as:

MedKit-- MedKit would allow the Medic or even the CMO to use any and all kinds of hypos such as Dylovene, Melorazine, Hyronalin, etc all at one time and more or less combine the current skills for these hypos. Vascular Regenerator would also be included in this new skill.

Emergency Triage-- this skill would have the Medic heal you or BO's in the order needed most during battle.

Medical Generator-- yes, I know this is an Engineer trait but this one could be shared by both.

Anyone agree??
The science boff I bring along on away missions is usually one with Medical Tricorder ability. If you want a medic, just train your boff to be one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Nothing stops you from having space only or ground only boffs, I've been doing that since the moment I had spare boffs. My CMO Is loaded up with heals and doesn't get used in space. I even split my sci/med boffs colors by whether or not they are heal heavy so far as skills go. Some of my tacticals are space only and others have both skills. Enemy combat medics are just a name for ones loaded with healing skills. You've got room for plenty of boffs, let your imagination go to work and set them up for space or ground duty, or both.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
The science boff I bring along on away missions is usually one with Medical Tricorder ability. If you want a medic, just train your boff to be one.
I did. What I'm saying is since the Duty Roster is going to give our BOffs specific roles why not use Combat Medic as one since it's already in-game??