Lt. Commander
It seems such a shame to have this great town only appear the once. Once you complete the mission leave it open to anybody to enter. stick some vendors in there and add some daily repeatable quests like cull the wariguls, or scan for minerals or defeat romulan thugs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Maybe for the Romulan Faction?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
It seems such a shame to have this great town only appear the once. Once you complete the mission leave it open to anybody to enter. stick some vendors in there and add some daily repeatable quests like cull the wariguls, or scan for minerals or defeat romulan thugs.
Ah ok as a mission hub, just don't make it useless like Defaria. A vendor alone is no reason to go there but missions would be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Maybe for the Romulan Faction?
Objectives for a Romulan faction should be to clean up the mess on the colonies, regain trust, order, reinstate a lawful government, secure the infrastructure, and dispose of opportunistic elements. Starting with places like this one.

The Ferengi should be made to work the mines, that would be an amusing reversal of their "fortunes". :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2011, 06:54 AM
yes, I can see allot of possibilities for dailies in that small town for the romulan faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2011, 07:26 AM
I came, I saw, I left. I agree that the story, elements and environments were really great. And when I was done, I really felt a genuine impact as though i read a compelling book or saw a good film.

Personally I think they should leave it as that and not milk it for it's entirety. Remember that first Deferi daily? The Deferi outpost? It was really cool. Nice environment, cool stations and multiple objectives. I really enjoyed it..... until about two weeks later.

I'd rather have the memory of that impact then to have the impact diminished. I hope this place stays unique to the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
I came, I saw, I left. I agree that the story, elements and environments were really great. And when I was done, I really felt a genuine impact as though i read a compelling book or saw a good film.

Personally I think they should leave it as that and not milk it for it's entirety. Remember that first Deferi daily? The Deferi outpost? It was really cool. Nice environment, cool stations and multiple objectives. I really enjoyed it..... until about two weeks later.

Lets keep this place unique
You enjoyed Defaria for a short time because it had no purpose but the useless merchant. If it had actual purpose for returning to like being a mission hub then the time spent making the art assets would pay off better, same with this colony.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Personally I would love to see it as a quest zone if it would be a bit changed. Meaning the mine is moved to the point where scientists found the perfect spot for a new one, and we can help with a Federation aid project that competes with the Ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Personally I would love to see it as a quest zone if it would be a bit changed. Meaning the mine is moved to the point where scientists found the perfect spot for a new one, and we can help with a Federation aid project that competes with the Ferengi.
hmm i'd wait for a rommie faction.... go to the colony... "liberate the miners" then put the ferengi and nausicans into the mines.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
This system is claimed by independent Orions (who will attack anyone, even kdf lol) and Ferengi, as well as another party that doesn't seem to want either kdf or ufp around. The Romulans on that particular map were not particularly pleased to see outsiders as well (as seen by the random crazies that would attack you). Hfihar is not neutral territory (unlike Defera), and would not make a good social zone for both ufp and kdf to mingle in, even if it is a very nice map. There's not even a reason for us to go there beyond the mission, unless the devs add some Magnesite item we would want to purchase from the Ferengi.

This does show, however, the quality of maps they are able to make. I'm sure more social maps can be made elsewhere of this quality (or maybe even better).