Lt. Commander
# 1 The Vulcan Federation Lounge
02-13-2011, 02:04 PM
All who wish to come and chat and discuss Vulcan matters and more....Whats on your Vulcan mind???
Lt. Commander
# 2 Did You Know???
02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Green Lantern - In an issue of DC Comics' Green Lantern series, an obviously Vulcan character appeared as a member of the Green Lantern Corps. He had pointed ears, spoke 'logically', and he had a brief conversation with Hal Jordan (Main character of the series) which ended with a "live long and prosper" and the famous hand gesture...

The Vulcan GL first appeared back in the 70s, when Star Trek was at the peak of its pre-film series popularity....Click on the link below to see a image.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...otm/vulcan.gif
Lt. Commander
"It’ll be a battle for the ages. This week, from Monday to Wednesday, the game show Jeopardy! will pit IBM’s supercomputer, a talking and thinking device named Watson, against two of the show’s greatest all-time champs, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. The hype surrounding the event has been right up there with the advance publicity that accompanied the chess-match showdown between IBM’s Deep Blue and then-reigning champion Garry Kasparov. Not surprisingly, several members of the IBM team that spent seven years on the Watson project were inspired by Star Trek and, more specifically, the talking/interactive computer aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701. StarTrek.com recently caught up with one of them, Dr. Christopher Welty, a computer scientist and member of the IBM artificial intelligence group that helped bring Watson to life.....'

Read more here: http://startrek.com/article/watson-v...rek-connection
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhr View Post
"It’ll be a battle for the ages. This week, from Monday to Wednesday, the game show Jeopardy! will pit IBM’s supercomputer, a talking and thinking device named Watson, against two of the show’s greatest all-time champs, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. The hype surrounding the event has been right up there with the advance publicity that accompanied the chess-match showdown between IBM’s Deep Blue and then-reigning champion Garry Kasparov. Not surprisingly, several members of the IBM team that spent seven years on the Watson project were inspired by Star Trek and, more specifically, the talking/interactive computer aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701. StarTrek.com recently caught up with one of them, Dr. Christopher Welty, a computer scientist and member of the IBM artificial intelligence group that helped bring Watson to life.....'

Read more here: http://startrek.com/article/watson-v...rek-connection
If your on the east coast of USA, Jeopardy is on now with "Watson".....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhr View Post
If your on the east coast of USA, Jeopardy is on now with "Watson".....
Really? How is it? I'd think that would be kinda cool to see...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipdude14789
Really? How is it? I'd think that would be kinda cool to see...
Yep,it will be back on tomorrow at 7pm Eastern Time, USA. I was impressed with Watson watching it today. A funny part is that he repeated a wrong answer from another player...

Heres a sample of how this computer works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxC1qBDSBs0
Lt. Commander
# 7 Planet Vulcan on STO
02-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Planet Vulcan needs some more missions. Just haveing 1 mission their is not logical. The view is great though. If this is not corrected soon, when Foundry hits Holodeck, I will devote much time to bring missions to our Homeworld. Some creatures i like to see their is the Le-matya and the Sehlet, just to name a few...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Sorry, out of my Vulcan mind at the moment. I found sanity a little confining.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Sorry, out of my Vulcan mind at the moment. I found sanity a little confining.

lol,..nice...
Lt. Commander
Notable Vulcans include Saavik, Skon, Solkar, Sarek, Soval, Spock, Surak, Sybok, T'Pau, T'Pol, Tuvok, Valeris, and Vorik.

LEONARD NIMOY:

"Mr. Spock. It is our great pleasure to welcome a true American treasure to San Francisco as our superstar headliner for the convention. As an actor, director, writer, producer, author, and photographer Leonard has been part of our popular culture for over 50 years. His thrilling return as Mr. Spock in the recent blockbuster STAR TREK movie was one for the record books and in person Leonard is a joy: warm, funny and inspirational. Leonard will be with us on Saturday of the convention for his regular on-stage appearance, a special seminar about his amazing photography, and of course autographing and photo ops. Don't miss Mr. Nimoy's triumphal return to San Francisco where he directed scenes from our fave Star Trek film: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home."

More info here: http://creationent.com/cal/stsan.htm