Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
Either thats a good attempt at trolling or you don't get a joke? I highly doubt Dan or anyone is "offended" by this, lets not forget this is the same dev team that puts up pictures of Capt Logan chugging back a bottle of beer, a tongue-in-cheek joke is fairly tame.
No, it wasn't either a good or bad attempt at trolling, and it was a joke? Oh, sorry, i did miss that.

When something is addressed the way this thread title and OP comment was, you have to be very clear. You are aware text is interpreted the way the reader sees fit. If i can get an infraction based on an issue regarding someones perspectives about downtime against the current (or then) situation in Egypt, then to claim someone is drunk of the job makes me wonder why there are different levels of what is tolerable and what is not.

So no, i don't try and attempt to troll, i merely try a be a voice of reason. Sometimes that works out fine for me, other times it does not. The fact that you highly doubt he is offended shows there is still some level of doubt, so its not as clear cut as it should be.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
No, it wasn't either a good or bad attempt at trolling, and it was a joke? Oh, sorry, i did miss that.

When something is addressed the way this thread title and OP comment was, you have to be very clear. You are aware text is interpreted the way the reader sees fit. If i can get an infraction based on an issue regarding someones perspectives about downtime against the current (or then) situation in Egypt, then to claim someone is drunk of the job makes me wonder why there are different levels of what is tolerable and what is not.

So no, i don't try and attempt to troll, i merely try a be a voice of reason. Sometimes that works out fine for me, other times it does not. The fact that you highly doubt he is offended shows there is still some level of doubt, so its not as clear cut as it should be.
Well I can tell you it was a simple joke made in jest, I mean people goof around with Dan all the time. Wasn't there a thread like, two weeks ago where someone asked him when he ever went to sleep since he was so active on the forums all day and night? Was that person making the accusation Dan was a workaholic? No just a harmless little joke pointing out, he's here a lot. As for your comparison, you have to realize what I said was directed toward one person and actually related to the game, with a joke tossed in to put a humorous spin on it. Asking about a hot plate political issue on the other hand, even if related to "downtime", kinda violates forum rules since we're all supposed to check our politics / religion / etc at the door before we post.

I could get the thread title changed to something like "Did the server hamster get drunk while running the pvp queues?" (since many others always make references to the hamster falling off the wheel when servers have issues) but wouldn't I then be guilty of anti-animal remarks off color commentary on small mammals? You see where I am goin with this right? (the sarcasms thick enough for a knife)

If make a harmless joke with Dan is a infraction-able and/or bannable offense.. let met tell ya theres going to be a lot of people getting those then since a lot of us love to give him a good ribbing now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Yet another reason not to have anything to do with the RSA.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Well I can tell you it was a simple joke made in jest, I mean people goof around with Dan all the time. Wasn't there a thread like, two weeks ago where someone asked him when he ever went to sleep since he was so active on the forums all day and night? Was that person making the accusation Dan was a workaholic? No just a harmless little joke pointing out, he's here a lot. As for your comparison, you have to realize what I said was directed toward one person and actually related to the game, with a joke tossed in to put a humorous spin on it. Asking about a hot plate political issue on the other hand, even if related to "downtime", kinda violates forum rules since we're all supposed to check our politics / religion / etc at the door before we post.

I could get the thread title changed to something like "Did the server hamster get drunk while running the pvp queues?" (since many others always make references to the hamster falling off the wheel when servers have issues) but wouldn't I then be guilty of anti-animal remarks off color commentary on small mammals? You see where I am goin with this right? (the sarcasms thick enough for a knife)

If make a harmless joke with Dan is a infraction-able and/or bannable offense.. let met tell ya theres going to be a lot of people getting those then since a lot of us love to give him a good ribbing now and then.
Insomnia, workaholic and alcoholic are all totally different things, and out of all three, i know which i would least like to be associated with :p

Personally i would prefer a Hamster reference over a drinking one, but its all swings and runabouts really, some one is going to take offence somewhere down the line, so i do get where you are coming from, and i hope you get where i was coming from too. Maybe because i admire Dan so much is why i would jump to his defence so quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Iam glad I don't have dstahl's job.....you guys are so rude to the guy it's unbelieveable.
Lt. Commander
# 16 Common Already
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrekker View Post
Iam glad I don't have dstahl's job.....you guys are so rude to the guy it's unbelieveable.
Wow... Really? I haven's really seen anybody be really rude to the devs. Anybody should be able to tell this is just in good fun. I would also caution against taking offense to every little thing. If you dont get the joke dont get involved unless you REALLY mean it. Forums and community can get seriously cutdown with just a little uptight PC accusations. Besides the devs already said they can take it. Im sure if they felt something was inapropriate they would shut it down themselves. If you have so much respect for the team then respect them enough to let them do their jobs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Either thats a good attempt at trolling or you don't get a joke? I highly doubt Dan or anyone is "offended" by this, lets not forget this is the same dev team that puts up pictures of Capt Logan chugging back a bottle of beer, a tongue-in-cheek joke is fairly tame.
Just wanted to throw an idea your way. I've said something before on the forums to DStahl that was meant as a joke but someone else posted that I was being rude and baiting Devs. Personally I think the best thing to do would be to put the Big Grin smiley in the title so people know it's a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresteel
Wow... Really? I haven's really seen anybody be really rude to the devs. Anybody should be able to tell this is just in good fun. I would also caution against taking offense to every little thing. If you dont get the joke dont get involved unless you REALLY mean it. Forums and community can get seriously cutdown with just a little uptight PC accusations. Besides the devs already said they can take it. Im sure if they felt something was inapropriate they would shut it down themselves. If you have so much respect for the team then respect them enough to let them do their jobs.
Yea, really. Did you scroll through the forums last weekend when the que times were happening? People were posting some rude stuff. Did you read the rude posts some people posted about the 1 year Anniversary event topic? Did you read some of the comments in the 5 other topics about the pvp issue? Either way post # 3 best sums it up here. So yea a lot of people are rude on these forums. Maybe if you not going to say something constructive don't get get involved or say anything at all? I have respect for the Dev team and I am sure they are doing their jobs, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The software engineers are looking into the issue. We expect to have it resolved before end of day Monday.
Oh, oh! Is Monday over yet?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Oh, oh! Is Monday over yet?
It's Monday somewhere. :p

Also, if bored I tend to browse what old missions I can replay while waiting for queues.