Lt. Commander
I keep hearing people think the ground combat sucks, I agree it s a little slow and boring compared to the fun and hectic space combat. Still I like the expose exploit mechanic and the team based combat, but my question is what do you think would make it better?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Team based combat? Maybe it would be better if the AI wasn't so thick-headed. The expose/exploit system? Kinda too easy IMHO - and is the only way to approach ground combat - as such kinda lame IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
What does IMHO mean?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmare
What does IMHO mean?
http://thehotfix.net/forums/index.ph...slang-phrases/
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
I personally have never had a problem with the ground combat. I've found it to have a strategic, squad-tactics feel to it if you take the time to position your officers in ideal places and whatnot before engaging a mob. O: Just my opinion though, I guess.

One thing that would definitely make it better though? Smarter AI. The afforementioned strategic feel would be more prominent if the AI fought back more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I like ground combat personally.

Though I would like it better if there was no tab targeting and it was a bit faster. Hopefully the new ground combat changes will make it more fast paced.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to choose when my Boffs use their racial abilities. I hate when my Vulcan officer uses mind meld on an NPC with just a sliver of life.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Targeting!
01-21-2011, 10:35 AM
i dont know if its just me, but whenever you switch weapons the target changes to the closest enemy. This can get extremely annoying, because if Im trying to take down one specific person like a medic, if i switch weapons (which I do A LOT) ittl target a turret or something, and by the time I manually click ion the medic again, they will have healed themselves/the whole enemy team. I frequently start yelling at the computer that that target is NOT the one i want!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-21-2011, 03:13 PM
If it was like Mass Effect 2.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
My entire squad not getting completely slaughtered within 5 seconds of encountering a squad. Yes, I have spec'd in a fair amount of ground abilities and play on advanced.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solten View Post
i dont know if its just me, but whenever you switch weapons the target changes to the closest enemy. This can get extremely annoying, because if Im trying to take down one specific person like a medic, if i switch weapons (which I do A LOT) ittl target a turret or something, and by the time I manually click ion the medic again, they will have healed themselves/the whole enemy team. I frequently start yelling at the computer that that target is NOT the one i want!
Use the "z" key to switch weapons and your targeting issue will go away. FYI, "g" key will target exposed enemy.