Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Can u please make more ques? 2vs2 maybe even 1vs1 for all Tiers.

It is so boring waiting and waiting hours to get into a fight and then see the que dissapear because 1 person did not accept.

If there aint the players to get it to work how it is made maybe it's an idea to change it
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
It might be nice if there was some kind of flag system that let us set ourselves as interested in PVPing or not. Then people could do a search for others in our level range with their flags up. This could help make better use of the challenge system (instead of shouting in zone or sending out random invites). It could also be a nice set up to transition into Open PVP at a later date.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radjezz View Post
Can u please make more ques? 2vs2 maybe even 1vs1 for all Tiers.

It is so boring waiting and waiting hours to get into a fight and then see the que dissapear because 1 person did not accept.

If there aint the players to get it to work how it is made maybe it's an idea to change it
It's a nice idea, but under the current game mechanics 1v1 isn't really viable at VA level... Nor is 2v2 to be honest. Well, not unless one person wants to lose the match.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
It's a nice idea, but under the current game mechanics 1v1 isn't really viable at VA level... Nor is 2v2 to be honest. Well, not unless one person wants to lose the match.
Agreed. We just need more incentives to get more people to queue up, I guess, or some way to increase the population overall. (How about a free to play PvP only option? Heh, that would help the queues at least and might increase the subscriber-base too.)

I don't like long queues either. I'd love to see huge battles with insta-queue arenas. *sadface*
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 02:38 AM
I would like to see queues popping more often when there are 6 players as well as when there are 8 or 10. Any less than that and you run into balance issues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan_Propoganda
Agreed. We just need more incentives to get more people to queue up, I guess, or some way to increase the population overall. (How about a free to play PvP only option? Heh, that would help the queues at least and might increase the subscriber-base too.)

I don't like long queues either. I'd love to see huge battles with insta-queue arenas. *sadface*
I keep a tab on the queues. I find them absolutely pathetic. Pathetic! I look around and see so many players in sector after sector and yet the pvp queues are not even a weak drip from an old faucet.

I hardly ever hear the word fun used to describe pvp. I see skill, spec, and teamwork a lot. I see heated egos bashing each other a lot. I see the words overpowered and nerf every other sentence along with tears and noob.

Players who might dabble in pvp are finding other areas of the game to have fun in. So until fun is made a priority in pvp expect the trend to continue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
I keep a tab on the queues. I find them absolutely pathetic. Pathetic! I look around and see so many players in sector after sector and yet the pvp queues are not even a weak drip from an old faucet.

I hardly ever hear the word fun used to describe pvp. I see skill, spec, and teamwork a lot. I see heated egos bashing each other a lot. I see the words overpowered and nerf every other sentence along with tears and noob.

Players who might dabble in pvp are finding other areas of the game to have fun in. So until fun is made a priority in pvp expect the trend to continue.
If it's any consolation - I play to have fun and I do have fun. But skill and specs can help to have fun.

But who cares whether I have fun. More people need to have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Fun is overrated. Nerf fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If it's any consolation - I play to have fun and I do have fun. But skill and specs can help to have fun.

But who cares whether I have fun. More people need to have fun.

I require no consolation, I don't wait in the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Well i think it's personal wether u like or don't like a 2 vs 2 map.

I dont see any problem with doing a 2 vs 2 Arena.

And it is not only about VA, it is a real pain in lower tiers. And cryptic advertised with that u can level up by solely doing PvP but most people don't live long enough to do that.

Now if u do not like 2 vs 2 you don't have to Que it.

But there would be alot players who would just love it that they actually can do PvP more then once or twice a day.