Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Good I hope lots of people read this seems that alot of the newer players dont wanna have to work for their Energy Credits several people in my fleet have reported being asked for credits from low ranked characters. I myself have met a couple of these people they offer nothing in return they just want you to give them credits.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2011, 06:31 PM
If the queues are popping, PvP. Good cash (EC), skillpoint, and marks to be had, win or lose. Do this while farming for cash / replaying missions and you'll have more money than you can spend. Just don't be one of "those guys" that zones into the PvP match and sits there without doing anything. Go help your team. If you're afraid of trash talking, invite your teammates into a group and shut off zone chat. And have way more fun than clicking on data samples exclusively. Break up the monotony

(Seriously, go PvP. Do eet.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I must also add that while Data Samples can rake in good EC, they are especially susceptible to "people" playing the "exchange game."

I usually post at the lowest current rate so that I don't undercut the last person's stuff, these guys will post a credit under for 20 samples pushing yours and the 1rst persons stuff out of the running.

The Exchange needs a tool that will allow us to post several items at the same price without having to select each one, that would make these "games" less tedious.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Updated. And bumped.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Don't forget:

Buy lo ... Sell hi.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I must also add that while Data Samples can rake in good EC, they are especially susceptible to "people" playing the "exchange game."

I usually post at the lowest current rate so that I don't undercut the last person's stuff, these guys will post a credit under for 20 samples pushing yours and the 1rst persons stuff out of the running.

The Exchange needs a tool that will allow us to post several items at the same price without having to select each one, that would make these "games" less tedious.
Lol you are funny.

Just look at price (look at item you want to sell as a buy option), set a bit lower. Realize that people are selling crap at times. Know your product don't try to sell something your replicator will give you, the space is better used on other items.

Also 1/2 of your items value is what a vendor will buy it for.

Ignore the conspiracy posts above. No one is crashing markets, it doesn't work that way. If a idiot sells cheaper to crash a market, wise people buy it faster to re-sell higher before any "crash" could take place. Also show me a crash in market that all these people are doing...lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I didn't say they were effective.

Only that they are claiming the attempts.

It is tedious after posting 20 Data Samples at the going price to have someone post 20 of the same at a credit lower.

I don't really have the time to deal with that "game."

That's why a lot of nice high level drops are going to the vendors instead of being posted to the exchange by me. I don't have time to deal with these "games."
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Playing the exchange is a tough way to make money...unfortunaqtely it's the most effective method we have at the moment. I agree that vendors/disgarding is sometimes easier. It is a LOT less painful.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
PvP is more effective for EC. 16-20k every 10-15 minutes is pretty good
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
PvP is more effective for EC. 16-20k every 10-15 minutes is pretty good
You mean from the drops?

What about que time?