Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
You ever consider I was just speed typing and didn't proof? Sorry I did not draft my forum posts. However attacking grammar in a post talking about countries that speak English, and make light jest at certain peoples ignorance.... -applaud- you miss the point.
Wasn't an attack, just figured I'd mention it in a post about grammar.

Pet peeve of mine, and my typing sucks so believe me I understand.

It is a serious problem though, one of the most common mistakes I see on a daily basis.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos
Wasn't an attack, just figured I'd mention it in a post about grammar.

Pet peeve of mine, and my typing sucks so believe me I understand.

It is a serious problem though, one of the most common mistakes I see on a daily basis.
My pet peeve is people who pick apart peoples grammar on an internet forum where it is generally accepted that the majority of posts have had at MOST a spell check. Muscle memory is powerful and there, then, and several other common mistakes are words used far more often, and result in the first thing typed, which since I am not proofing every post I make, those mistakes will be common.

Like you said, even you make those mistakes... so do me a favor and keep your pet peeve out of the forums and I wont rant at you for violating my pet peeve. Deal?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos
It is a serious problem though, one of the most common mistakes I see on a daily basis.
If you were talking about a a foreclosure notice or an execution warrant, I would agree with you. But whether someone's spelling and/or grammar is correct on a video game message board is about as insignificant an issue as it gets in life. If you want to talk about "serious problems", turn on the news and have a look at whats going on in the real world.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-15-2011, 07:15 AM
For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. [King James Bible]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you were talking about a a foreclosure notice or an execution warrant, I would agree with you. But whether someone's spelling and/or grammar is correct on a video game message board is about as insignificant an issue as it gets in life. If you want to talk about "serious problems", turn on the news and have a look at whats going on in the real world.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...sequences.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you were talking about a a foreclosure notice or an execution warrant, I would agree with you. But whether someone's spelling and/or grammar is correct on a video game message board is about as insignificant an issue as it gets in life. If you want to talk about "serious problems", turn on the news and have a look at whats going on in the real world.
Rather sanctimonious for something said half in jest on a video game message forum don't you think?

Step down from the high horse there my friend, as I am well aware of the real world, being a 42-year-old man who is living in it.

Everyone was ragging on each other all the way throughout this silly thread, and now suddenly it becomes an issue?

Lighten up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. [King James Bible]
Keep your Jesus mumbo jumbo out of our senseless tirade of randomness! Never mind how relative and enlightening it might be right now. It is more fun to provoke the fools instead of suffer them :-p

(I am a Christian and do not believe the bible is mumbo jumbo... please keep your Inquisition away from me, Remember, the moment a priest tries to burn me at a stake is the moment it becomes okay to shoot him.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos
Rather sanctimonious for something said half in jest on a video game message forum don't you think?

Step down from the high horse there my friend, as I am well aware of the real world, being a 42-year-old man who is living in it.

Everyone was ragging on each other all the way throughout this silly thread, and now suddenly it becomes an issue?

Lighten up.
That is not how you argue with the Nagus. He is self-important... I have found pointing out the constant logical fallacies he employs the most effective... this site is a good reference if you are not super familiar with them, or don't feel like typing the explanation: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasos
Rather sanctimonious for something said half in jest on a video game message forum don't you think?

Step down from the high horse there my friend, as I am well aware of the real world, being a 42-year-old man who is living in it.

Everyone was ragging on each other all the way throughout this silly thread, and now suddenly it becomes an issue?

Lighten up.
Wow, talk about irony. Taking it upon yourself to call someone else sanctimonious is actually pretty sanctimonious itself. You have to be on your own high horse to tell someone else to get off of theirs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Wow, talk about irony. You seem to have forgotten YOU were the person that posted a thread about how people's grammar mistakes on a video game message board bothered you so much. So funny!
http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...-ridicule.html

(See this is how you do it.)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.