Lt. Commander
# 21
02-15-2011, 04:49 AM
I sympathize with the OP. However, the accolade is gone and there will not be another chance to get it. That's exactly how it should be.

There was many ways to find it. I personally found out about it later because there was always someone asking what's happening that day and somebody always answering.

Point being though, it was really more the fact you wanted to get changed into all these crazy monsters. It was just a fun thing to do. I only found it because I wanted to change into every type of creature.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
Personally, I agree with the original poster. I thought it was pretty silly that you actually had to answer the Star Trek trivia questions wrong to get the 1 Year Anniversary accolade. It would have more sense to get that upon completion of Q's quest since you had to answer them right to complete that quest. Why reward people for not knowing Star Trek lore and punish those that know it. Seemed bizarre to me.
It really had nothing to do with answering anything wrong.
After completion you had the option to tell Q off and be transformed, which is what i did on two of my characters.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-15-2011, 05:10 AM
I like the fact that there are limited time Accolades. It makes them more special.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
Personally, I agree with the original poster. I thought it was pretty silly that you actually had to answer the Star Trek trivia questions wrong to get the 1 Year Anniversary accolade. It would have more sense to get that upon completion of Q's quest since you had to answer them right to complete that quest. Why reward people for not knowing Star Trek lore and punish those that know it. Seemed bizarre to me.
Thank You for understanding.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
I honestly didn't know there was an accolade either and i would have been in the same boat as the OP but for paying attention (much to my horror - some of the zone topics make my brain hurt) to zone chat. My issue with the anniversary was that it was over too quickly - ending it in the middle of a week sort of seemed bad form, ending on a weekend really would have been fairer for those who can only jump on for a few hours a week and may not have even known about things like this.
Sympathize with OP. If I hadn't heard this randomly in zone chat I'd be in the same boat.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I think this is funny because a lot of the people saying "oh well you're too late" are the same people who cried about not getting certain pre-order items that some of us pre-order lifers enjoy.

The shoe is on the other foot, and I find that hilarious.