Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Knock it off with all the disconnects already. I cant even outfit my ship without getting dc's on sol 5 times and only half done. If you cant seem to get it right then please fire someone and hire someone that can. With the shape of the economy im sure there are plenty of qualified individuals that can handle your failures.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlis
Knock it off with all the disconnects already. I cant even outfit my ship without getting dc's on sol 5 times and only half done. If you cant seem to get it right then please fire someone and hire someone that can. With the shape of the economy im sure there are plenty of qualified individuals that can handle your failures.
A little grumpy today are we???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I once told my boss that it was worth it for me to hire and fire 10 people to find one good one. I told her that one year before i owned that buisness. It is possible to get things done right the first time if you hire the right people. Im just not used to tolerating incompetance. Hire the smart ones, train them well and treat them right and it works wonders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlis
I once told my boss that it was worth it for me to hire and fire 10 people to find one good one. I told her that one year before i owned that buisness. It is possible to get things done right the first time if you hire the right people. Im just not used to tolerating incompetance. Hire the smart ones, train them well and treat them right and it works wonders.
Spoken like a true imitator...

Hiring 10 people costs at least the pay of one to two eight hour shifts from a trainer... then spending 1-2 weeks hand holding 10 people as they learn the procedures of their new work place. Then paying into unemployment as you lay off the other 9 or if you actual terminate them the cost of one or two lawsuits.

Your described hiring practices are incredibly inefficient and I can not imagine any business supporting your choices.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlis
I once told my boss that it was worth it for me to hire and fire 10 people to find one good one. I told her that one year before i owned that buisness. It is possible to get things done right the first time if you hire the right people. Im just not used to tolerating incompetance. Hire the smart ones, train them well and treat them right and it works wonders.
Perhaps... Just Perhaps....

It's not the fault of Perfectly Good Employees so much as the Extremely Complicated End Product...


Or maybe... Just maybe... You just have a Really Crappy Connection at the moment...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I've only gotten disconnected once, zoning into ESD (which is the busiest hub in STO, it's forgivable).

However, ever since the increase to how many players are allowed in-zone, my system is struggling to keep up, even lowered to minimum settings I'm getting lag.

I know I'll be upgrading my system asap, but is there any particular reason the devs ignored those of us who aren't running medium-to-top tier systems?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Thats why they were all hired perdiem. Dont have to pay them when there is no work. Its hospital work so the hiring, testing and firing costs are very tolerable. Training is handled by on site supervisors who are there just for that purpose. Lawsuits, maybe in your buisness, not mine, lol.

As for crappy connections its still working on all my other activities so its speed verified not on my end, and process of elimination leaves only 1 culprit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Two things:

1. With the right practices in place, you can find, interview, and hire good candidates the first time.

2. What you just described would raise your unemployment tax paid to the state and the feds through the roof, unless of course you lie as to why you are firing them, which eventually will score an audit, the result of which your boss could hire 5 of you for what he/she will pay in penalties, fees, and increased taxes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
While I disagree that firing someone is the correct solution. I have observed a marked drop in the stability of my STO connection recently. I get the "waiting for response from server" red text much to often. It's not quite at the "time to find another game" level yet but it's close. I'm paying monthly so I do make the choice of whether to take my money elsewhere or keep supporting STO.

My guess is this is related to increasing the instance caps (since that happened roughly at the same time I noticed the problem).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlis
Thats why they were all hired perdiem. Dont have to pay them when there is no work. Its hospital work so the hiring, testing and firing costs are very tolerable. Training is handled by on site supervisors who are there just for that purpose. Lawsuits, maybe in your buisness, not mine, lol.

As for crappy connections its still working on all my other activities so its speed verified not on my end, and process of elimination leaves only 1 culprit.
OH Lordy.... I work in a Hospital also.... (thirty years plus)

...but there are Very Few Hospital's around today that can afford to waste expenditures on ANY resources..

...even employees....

I would have to agree, now-a-days, you probably wouldn't last long at the place where I work...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 AM.