Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2011, 09:33 PM
They should just lower the cost of respecs to something more reasonable and not try to make money off it. Why do they not want us to respec so bad anyway? With such poor descriptions of what skills do for powers respecing happens more than it should. Yes you can go back and forth to tribble to test builds, but that is a pain. I like how champions gives you a room to test you skills before your respec is set in stone. Limiting respecs ruins a customization part of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Request: respec
02-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe it is done already, but please can you give us a free respec token when you make significant changes to the balance of the game? Such as you did with the recent changes? Anyone who pvp would know.

sign here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I worked it out it seems respecing cost you about $5 US a shot if you buy it from the C store, Its about 80 points to a dollar. Its also seem that there a many threads call for respec with the up coming changes to various powers.
Lt. Commander
# 14 well...
02-16-2011, 12:18 AM
wait for a sale?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarker1973
Given the hours spent in the game tune a ones build. Is it too much to ask that cryptic issue a retrain token to players when they have adjusted a power, or change the mechanic on which the power operates?
I mean why should i have to grind for merits for hours on end to get 30,000, or shell out cash every time i need to respec because of a patch, its just common courtesy. Warhammar online has this policy of refunding ones spec points after a major patch that affected a char class.
Any way what is the community thoughts on the matter ?
By all means, totally. I think every time they change something that effects their character build, in a major, inevitably noticeable way, then we should get to respec for free.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Wait so we donít get free respecs when they make changes to our powers? I thought it worked like
champions. I figured we got them I could just never tell because I couldn't find the damn how many respecs do you have left counter. If we donít already get a free respec when they make changes to our powers then we should.

Something else Iíd really love to see is a respec room or whatever you call it were you could test your powers out before you lock them in like the power room in co. just call it a holideck and stick the trainer in it with a console to cue up a small assortment of ground and space missions and the point lock lock in when you leave the room.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
When it was only an in-game matter, and not purchaseable by energy credits, I would have said no. Earn the 30,000 merits/honor and take respecs as mana from heaven. Once they started charging real cash for respecs, it brings a closer look at their ethics. All of a sudden, the repsec has real world value. When they swing the nerf bat around ,,,no matter what the reason, it MUST be examined from an ethical standpoint. Is this a ploy to boost quarterly profits? The problem with introducing an ethical viewpoint on their actions is that peoples opinion will vary wildly. While it was JUST IN GAME, there was no confusion.

Now, I think any swing of the nerf bat that breaks a build should get a respec, just to maintain the ethical high ground and avoid any appearance of bad company behavior.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I'm going to quote myself from another post which came up on this very topic not more than a few minutes ago:
..... couldnt find his original post, but I think its the easiest way to make all parties happy. Lower the cost of respec tokens all the way around... in-game/c-store..

I can see how offering a respec token anytime a change is made is severely flawed, but there should be some kind of middle ground?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
This is what they do in Cryptic's first MMO, City of Heroes.

It takes a lot of the sting out of having your favorite power nerfed/changed if you don't also have to pay money to change your build to compensate for it.

It also prevents those forum rage threads wherein people speculate that Cryptic is changing powers/abilities for the sole purpose of making money from selling respecs.
agreed ... IMHO respec "points" should be allowed to be earned ... some how. The game has and will continue to change. Special abilities will continue to be nerfed as other players ciontinue to complain about "balance issues".

That said, keep it simple, offer tokens that can be earned, not sold. This saves a lot of headaches for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarker1973
Given the hours spent in the game tune a ones build. Is it too much to ask that cryptic issue a retrain token to players when they have adjusted a power, or change the mechanic on which the power operates?
I mean why should i have to grind for merits for hours on end to get 30,000, or shell out cash every time i need to respec because of a patch, its just common courtesy. Warhammar online has this policy of refunding ones spec points after a major patch that affected a char class.
Any way what is the community thoughts on the matter ?
Yes, I think cryptic should give free respec tokens when there is a major change. Mainly because it will take more than one respec to adjust to the "new" way of doing things. It gets costly to have to purchase them all the time.