Lt. Commander
Hello to all and any who may read this....

After having gotten my proverbial feet wet now in STO, I've decided to expand my horizons and look for a fleet to join.(If anyone would have me.)

For those who remember the pre-cryptic days of STO development, I am Sorok....former co-administrator of the long-since--defunct "www.startrek-online.net".

After experiencing some sweeping career changes, I have since lost contact with so many of the wonderful people who were either co-admins or site members.

If there are any former STOnetters who are currently part of a fleet that may be looking for a new member, please contact me via PM so that I might offer my candidacy for fleet membership, or even just to say hello.

Thanks,

V Live Long and Prosper V
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Hi Gatoros,
Just to let you know I have just posted on our fleet forum to see if any of our membership are ex STOnetters.
For your interest, the link is here: http://www.3rdfleet.com/forum/showth...for-STOnetters

Good luck in your search
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoros View Post
[font="Arial Black"][b][color="LemonChiffon"]Hello to all and any who may read this....

After having gotten my proverbial feet wet now in STO, I've decided to expand my horizons and look for a fleet to join.(If anyone would have me.)

For those who remember the pre-cryptic days of STO development, I am Sorok....former co-administrator of the long-since--defunct "www.startrek-online.net".
Hey Gatoros

Like many I know, I was sad to see startrek-online.net come to an end, you guys did an excellent job keeping that board active and growing, giving people somewhere to go during the difficult development period under Perpetual.
I'm not aware of any {UFP} members who were staff on the site, but I know as a fleet that was forming an STO division even back then in hopeful preparation, we had guys frequenting the forums, including myself.
If you'd like to take a gander, feel free to visit us at www.ufplanets.com.

Kind Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Thank you for the pub, Reizor. Our old website was basically a fansite during the initial development of STO from 2004 to 2008. We were quite popular for a good run, but the proverbial wheels fell off the carriage when Perpetual Entertainment went bankrupt. 'Twas a shame, but that's life in the Alpha Quadrant.
I'm a relatively old gamer, and in the 15+ years that I've been working and playing on the internet, I've never bore witness to a creative process so dynamic and productive as that demonstrated by our member base in conjunction with PE back in the day. We truly had the developers 'ear', and our member base knew it. It was an amazing collaboration between fans and developers and on occasion mixed directly at times with Star Trek legends such as Rick Sternbach, Michael Okuda, and John Eaves.
Not a good sign that PE went bankrupt though LOLOL.

Hathaway, I remember you being a strong part of that creative process. Nice to see you're in game. Thanks for the kind words. I'll definitely check out your site......UFP (You guys have been around since BC and EF, or am I mistaken?)
Fortunately, I'm not looking only for my fellow former admins. I was just curious to reconnect with former members as well. And as you said, I remember during the final weeks of our site that many members were trying to organize a STO fleet which was based membership to our site.

Regarding fellow admins, I just recently contacted Jon (Demosthenes) and we had a great little chat. (He's doing well btw, and funny enough, after all the hard work he put into the site, he never even played the trial version of STO.)

P.S. Reizor, your fleet's intro movie is really cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
I wasn't part of the startrek-online.net community, but I remember following the pre-cryptic STO works. I wish I could help you reconnect with your members.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Yea the site and forums had a great community, a lot of talent and creative thought processes were exchanged.
Good to hear you managed to contact Demosthenes, really surprised he hasn't checked it out. Then again the game Perpetual was building (with playable crews in particular) is quite a different imagining than the game Cryptic has delivered - which is partly good and bad I suppose.
I'm surprised you remembered me actually, I certainly wasn't one of the bigger posters on the board, but I'm gratified you recall my creative works.
As for UFP, yea we started off in BC back in 2002, moved into Elite Force 1 and 2, added Armada and a few other of the classics until we ended up here - we still play some of the old games, Elite Force and Bridge Commander in particular, still a blast