Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Devs,

I'd like to add my own $0.02 on the PvP queue issues since my experience may be different than others. I also filled out an in-game bug report detailing the problems, so you may get a similar message through that channel, but I wanted to leave a message here because it won't be hindered by character limits.

On Saturday, 2/12, the PvP queues remained slow but worked for my alt character at Lt. Commander. The average queue times were about 15 to 20 minutes, extending to about 45 minutes later that day.

On Sunday evening, 2/13. the PvP queues for Lt.C-level players were on average 45 minutes to an hour. However, every time the queue popped, it resulted in two outcomes: Either the games were dropped because not enough players responded, or I received an error saying "No available map."

On Monday, 2/14, the queue and map issues remained.

As late as this afternoon on 2/15, the queue remained slow (a half hour to 45 minutes), and I was receiving "No map" errors when the queues eventually did pop.

I'm sure you have internal numbers, but if it helps, my queue window was set to "All Regions" and I was queueing only for space matches. On average, it seemed there were about 12 players total queued for all versions of space PvP, including Fed/Fed and Fed/Klingon versions of Arena and Capture and Hold.

The map issue is obviously a bug and we would appreciate some sort of communication letting us know you're aware of the problem and are working to fix it.

The queue times are another issue altogether, and while players should probably expect longer queues for brackets below the level cap, it's hard to imagine an average of only 12 players are queued for PvP at any given time.

Are the numbers not reflective of reality? If they are, can you (the dev team) please engage in a dialogue with the player community on how queues can be increased? Whether it's incentive, dailies at lower levels, increased XP gains or other methods, this is something that should definitely be addressed. From a player perspective, not only is it frustrating, but it also makes STO look like a dead game, sort of like the typical EA RTS game where the online community disappears six months after release.

Any updates and/or meaningful dialogue on how the situation is being addressed would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Excellent, informative and thorough thread. I sincerely hope that it receives a bit more attention than the others.

(Also, please note that I'm not griping about how many repeat threads there are. I rather prefer that they showed up everywhere until the issue got the response it deserves.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I recently just resubbed after a few month break. I was excited to see a new PvP queue window, however I experienced the exact same problem as the original poster. If and when the queue actually filled and the map was ready to start I would also either get a "no map available" error message or would simply time out, which would then bug my queue list and continue to tell me I am already a member of that queue. Over the weekend I was able to play a total of two Capture and Hold matches after about a dozen or so queues and waiting for up to an hour.

This was at LG rank on Klingon faction.

I know my information is not quite as detailed as the original poster, but I'm just really suprised. The queues now seem even worse than when I left several months ago. Does the number on the queue panel REALLY represent the total number of players waiting to join that map game wide? Is it possible that there is honestly only 3, for instance, people waiting for a particular PvP map? I do not know the current populatin number in this game, but if those numbers on the panel are accurate representations than I am just completely baffled why so few people are queuing up.

Steve, you may not remember me but I remember you from way back in the day. It's good to see that there are still some familiar faces keeping up the fight for better PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Excellent, informative and thorough thread. I sincerely hope that it receives a bit more attention than the others.

(Also, please note that I'm not griping about how many repeat threads there are. I rather prefer that they showed up everywhere until the issue got the response it deserves.)
Hmm can't PvP... I know i'll spam the forums with E-Stalking Hale Posts!! PLZ Fix PvP in need of some Pew Pew
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
LoL. How could I forget that Kermit avatar? Welcome back! Up until this past weekend the queues had actually been pretty great (aside from the low population at times). Hey... maybe you broke it!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS View Post
Hmm can't PvP... I know i'll spam the forums with E-Stalking Hale Posts!! PLZ Fix PvP in need of some Pew Pew
You can pop me now! Bwhahhahahahahhah! *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 02:01 PM
I just spoke with the engineers and this should be fixed now.

Thanks for your patience,
-snix
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post

-snix
W00t!

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
<3 <3 <3 <3!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post

-snix
Awesome!! Thanks snix!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:

-snix
Thanks. Though I didn't feel very patient,