Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea.
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291

This is the second time you've mentioned adding the Rom faction to Feds and Klingons rather than giving them their own faction. You have done a great job since you took over as lead, but that is probably the worst idea you have ever suggested. If you think you cant deliver a full fledged faction, then at least do this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=198416

That might not be everything some people want, but its a million times better than saying "here you can play a Fed or Klingon with a Rom skin". Thats not what people want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Have to agree with this. I wouldn't bother playing a romulan if they weren't an entierly independant faction. I'm primarily interested in Starfleet only, but as an alternative to that i'd love to play a Romulan for the intrigue and the cool ships and the completely different nature of them as a faction to the UFP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
No, no it makes perfect sense. You know, it's just like if Washington DC was destroyed, how the USA would disintigrate. California would join Mexico, Maine would become part of Quebec... The USA couldn't possibly exist without Washington just as the Romulan Empire can't exist without Romulus.

(I'm being facetious, of course. The point I'm making is that the destruction of Romulus would not destroy the whole Empire, any more than the destruction of Washington DC would destroy the USA.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-10-2011, 06:01 PM
What a horrible idea...why bother? Agree with OP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
While it might make sense to stick Cardassian forces with the Federation (though I'd rather have a playable True Way) the Romulans wouldn't fit anywhere. They're nowhere near ready for the Federation and the Klingons wouldn't take them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291

This is the second time you've mentioned adding the Rom faction to Feds and Klingons rather than giving them their own faction. You have done a great job since you took over as lead, but that is probably the worst idea you have ever suggested. If you think you cant deliver a full fledged faction, then at least do this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=198416

That might not be everything some people want, but its a million times better than saying "here you can play a Fed or Klingon with a Rom skin". Thats not what people want.
Actually, to me, it looks more like trying not to give us a half-baked [Klingon at Launch] faction.

But I guess that's just perspective differences.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
Actually, to me, it looks more like trying not to give us a half-baked [Klingon at Launch] faction.

But I guess that's just perspective differences.
That makes no sense. How is dressing up the Fed and Klingon faction in a Rom costume LESS half baked than Klingons at launch? As sad as Klingons were at launch, at least they were their own faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstahl
Perhaps the Romulan Empire will split into multiple factions where one will join the Federation and the other the Klingon Empire... That's an interesting idea.
Worst. Idea. Ever. And it also sounds like a really cheap attempt to say the Rom faction is in game without doing the work to make them a real faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree completely with the OP.

Romulans should be their own separate and complete faction. After the Klingon Empire is a healthy and complete faction that is.

Stop half-baking stuff Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Well first of all he never said that was a replacement for a Romulan faction, just an idea that could be done.

Also that idea fits into the STO storyline which says that since the Hobus disaster there have been some factions of the Romulan empire which want to become a part of the Federation, so its only logical to conclude other factions would want to join the Klingons, and a third faction wants to stay independent (our Romulan faction).

We have Klingons and Ferengi in Starfleet, why not Romulans?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:45 PM.