Lt. Commander
# 1 warp
02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
hello. I have an awsome idea. if you plot a course while in sector space. your ship takes the quickest route to your system. what my idea was. that you can warp to systems while on the bridge. if walk around in your ship and look out the window you see stars. this is the plan. while in a system for example sol system. you are on the bridge and you go sit in your captains chair. you click on the button on the right that says: warp to system.
than you select your system from the list. and than the speed you would like. lets say you can type the speed like warp 5. than you see a small cutscene like when you normaly go to warp. you wil see the camera from the opposite direction of where you're sitting. you say engage! from you chair. than the camera turns so it is behind your chair in the direction of the viewscreen. than you see an AWSOME warp effect on your viewscreen, so you actually see yourself going to warp. than when you are at warp. you see the at warp effect. like in the movie from jj abrahms. now on top of the screen you see a countdown clock like time to arrival 15 minutes. in every window you will see the warp stripes. you can alter your course and speed by going to the bridge. while at warp you cannot leave the bridge or transport away so you just need to do something on your ship or go AFK for a fiew minutes. as soon as the countdown clock reaches zero you will be able to leave the ship. when you drop out of warp on the bridge. you will see a cuttscene where you drop out of warp.

I would really love this idea in game. tell me what you think.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Perhaps in the future(S5 or 6) the devs will make something simmilar to that. But if you are reffering to the efect from Bridge Commander, you are mistaken. They probably wont make that kind of interface. But it is all speculation. Perhaps in the future they will make something even better. We will see.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Check out my traveling via the bridge thread. (Link in my signature.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 08:21 PM
The idea had been mention I wish something similar to Bridge commander would be added. But one of the concerns was it would take to long or the game would need remapping I offered the zoom ability alot of games are using. That shutsdown unseen parts and run more of sto off from the procs and hard. But I was shot down. But hopefully they will add the bridge affect. But one thing I would hope the do in 5 is remove that annoying do you wish to warp to sector? button. They could use the galaxy map to allow further travel bring it up click on it then bring up whats in the map. Click where you want to go then whatever you need to do. Ehh. Just me prob.