Lt. Commander
# 1 feb engineer report
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
dstahl, i know its been crazy month. understand reason why ask cryptic was late. you also posted last week that the report would be published on desired day (today) i realise it not end of day yet but where is it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm working on the Engineering Report now, but wanted to share this tidbit -

We have signed a deal with Vivox to do in game client integration with their voice chat software - so you can expect in game voice support as part of the Season 4 release.

We talked about doing something like this at launch, but at the time we felt there were better clients out there than what we could get in game. Now that we've had time to investigate, we feel this will offer a great solution for players who want in the box integrated voice chat.
Posted 2-15-11, 04:48 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
thats interesting i missed that, im surprised. seems that season 4 is going to be like a new game almost with all the changes i have seen posted about whats coming down the pike.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM
thank you i knew you could do it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Does it come with a mute button.. Incase I find myself grouped with kiddies or if I'm in that "ignore the fleet leader" mood ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
thats interesting i missed that, im surprised. seems that season 4 is going to be like a new game almost with all the changes i have seen posted about whats coming down the pike.
Yeah it does seem pretty big, especially compared to Season 3. Dan had mentioned they were planning on releasing more ''big'' updates in between Seasons but apparently stuff got pushed back for Season 4 anyways (which is understandable given how radical -and therefore requiring much testing- changes can be during the Seasons). Although it would be cool if they release something like the ground combat revamp and Fleet Action queue before Season 4, to test it out and to have something between the long wait (June is 4 months away).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Certainly hope that it comes with a mute option; I hate having to listen to people talk when I'm trying to play.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Certainly hope that it comes with a mute option; I hate having to listen to people talk when I'm trying to play.
Seems to me that an Option like that, would be an obvious must have...

I really doubt that it would be over-looked by a development team.

Course that's using my common sense... some folks forget they have that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 08:18 PM
as for voice, im sure you can turn it off. you can already adjust your audio in game.

the report is huge, im not fond of the fact of cryptic nuking the karret system. esp with the que map problems of pvp lately. in karret i enjoy defeating the mission and killing klingons. they seem to be easier to kill in karret then in the pvp maps. i also like the loot in karret. in the pvp maps you dont recieve any you lucky if you get a battery.

i dont mind waiting till july for season 4 but i do mind waiting for searies 4. seems with what i read that the team went from working on searies 3 to season 4 and if season 4 isnt until july does that mean we not going to see the searies until mid july? is so these are going to be 4 very boring months.