Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
From a "random" post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=15
In the Engineering Report: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...85#post3361885

It appears that Cryptic has decided to finally integrate in-game voice communication! That should make it easier to even enable voice comm in PuGs (depending on how clunky they will make the interface ) and "level the playing field" if people wish to do so.

Let's just hope that, once this becomes realized, the jack-asses of the world don't ruin it by bypassing profanity filters and forcing Cryptic to disable it again.

BTW, there is more in the Engineering Report (PvP related):
  • Nuking Ker'rat (if t his worries or pleases you, see InertiaCreeps thread on the topic: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...50#post3362250)
  • Adding open PVP melee areas to social maps (Andoria, Vulcan, Qo'noS, Rura Penthe)
  • Repurposing some Feature Episode maps as new PVP maps
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2011, 08:42 AM
We need to get PuGs to actually team up first :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Also remove teaming restriction option in PvP regardless if person is not accepting invites. All it takes is one that won't or refuses to team
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, this is good and all but this is really putting the cart head of the horse when it comes to increasing team play. First step needs to be to AUTOFORCE anyone in a PVP together into a team, including teams of more than five people. With the mess that targeting already is in this game, having folks not on a team makes healing and supporting virtually impossible. There is really no reason someone should not be on your team.

Sure, there will be those who still turn team channel off, full impulse into the enemy and drool a little on the keyboard. There is nothing you can do about those people, but there is a second tier of players who just needs a little hand holding to get some team play going on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 09:43 AM
YaY! I don't think my fleet has TS3 anymore so this will help alot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Yep, I'm looking foward to them bringing in some form of VOIP into STO. It does well in DDO, though not so well in WoW from my experience. So it'll be a nice touch if/when they use it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
You know perfectly well there'll be profanity..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2011, 12:47 PM
lol you know perfectly well it wont work... it will take a few things first... server crashing aka scheduled maintenance, 3 patches til it works, 3 more patches to fix whatever in game problem has been caused by the previous three patches. then it will work GOOOOOOOOOOOO cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Bleh. I hate in game voice comms. People start expecting you to listen to the trash they have to say. They can't figure out the meaning of "push to talk." They may be completely unintelligible from a low mic volume, or lousy mic, or just their accent.

And then no one actually reads chat for those of us who want to communicate in a more intelligible and easy to refer to manner. Leave the room for a second and miss what was said? Voice chat fail. Leave the room for a second and you can still read what was typed? +1 for typed chat.

Oh well, as long as there is also a way to mute it all. I don't need more headaches.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
or just their accent. .
If you don't like my accent, I'd be happy to finish this conversation in Norwegian, and we'll see how good your accent is!

(lol, just kidding)