Lt. Commander
# 1 Don't just "nuke" Ker'rat
02-15-2011, 11:23 PM
In response to latest engineering report:

The thought of potentially losing Ker'rat, as buggy as it is, saddens me. At this time, there's no other place like it! I can either frolic in my BoP & hunt feds or assess the efficacy of my Defiant.

So, if you all are going to simply "nuke it," we can't stop you. But please consider replacing it with something better & less buggy.

At the very least, the concept it represents is something worthy of preservation; open PVP.

I invite a more constructive discussion regarding on ways to improve the open PVP nature of Ker'rat, rather than a "nuke it" solution.

Ker'rat is the only location worthy of being called a Warzone. Please don't lose this venue without replacing it with something(s) better!

-GC
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 11:25 PM
The good news is that in the same line of posts, he also mentions repurposing some of the new maps for PvP. I hope that "Nuking Ker'rat" making it on the list in the first place as something "discussed by designers" means it's a little more then just a switch that tells Ker'rat to die.

But you know, hope springs eternal.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2011, 02:53 AM
How hard could it be to simply plop another planet/area in the neutral zone where inside its just 2 bases inside. One klingon, one fed. It could be the same as the bases in cnh. Put a load of turrets at each base and one counter/cap point at each base. You overrun the opponent's base and cap their node and you win that round. Maybe get a decent piece of loot/couple emblems. Or hell, just have an empty zone where you could just go to fight.

This is just a simple/basic/lame example. A little taste of well... open-ish pvp while hopefully better things get developed down the road.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
How hard could it be to simply plop another planet/area in the neutral zone where inside its just 2 bases inside.
About as hard as rock, monster.

It's not like people wouldn't immediately start complaining that this is a lazy-ass lame replacement for Ker'rat and a weak excuse of a warzone or, Q behold, a territory control/Open PvP system. An the complaints wouldn't be wrong even.

The community repeatedly has complained about half-assed implementations (see Faction, KDF). I think Cryptic is trying to avoid more of that.

Of course, just nuking Ker'rat with no replacement is also half-assed. But spending some time to get something weak "now"/"soonish" sounds not as a compelling idea as spending more time to get something good later.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The good news is that in the same line of posts, he also mentions repurposing some of the new maps for PvP. I hope that "Nuking Ker'rat" making it on the list in the first place as something "discussed by designers" means it's a little more then just a switch that tells Ker'rat to die.

But you know, hope springs eternal.
"Because it told to die" :p I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

MOAR pvp maps NAO.

On a more serious note I think if we had more maps that would alleviate some of the problems. But we also need more match types in pvp. Cap and hold, and Death match are far from the only kind of ques we could have.

I personally want Kerrat Dead, and in it's place a Territory System put in place. Eta Eridani should be something the feds and kdf are constantly fighting over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
"Because it told to die" :p I'm sorry I couldn't resist.
That's what I was alluding to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That's what I was alluding to.
talk about a depressed pvp que system though. (not depressing for the player... for it... I didn't know pvp ques could /wrists )
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
In response to latest engineering report:

The thought of potentially losing Ker'rat, as buggy as it is, saddens me. At this time, there's no other place like it! I can either frolic in my BoP & hunt feds or assess the efficacy of my Defiant.

So, if you all are going to simply "nuke it," we can't stop you. But please consider replacing it with someone better & less buggy.

At the very least, the concept it represents is something worthy of preservation; open PVP.

I invite a more constructive discussion regarding on ways to improve the open PVP nature of Ker'rat, rather than a "nuke it" solution.

Ker'rat is the only location worthy of being called a Warzone. Please don't lose this venue without replacing it with something(s) better!

-GC
Gripple I totally agree. 2 night ago when the queues were broken I had an absolute blast in Ker'rat. Lots of great PvPers duking it out in massive balls and some great 1v1's.

Plz don't just kill it, make some kind of incentive to go there other that broken queues and fix the bugs.
Open PvP is so much fun!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Monster View Post
How hard could it be to simply plop another planet/area in the neutral zone where inside its just 2 bases inside. One klingon, one fed. It could be the same as the bases in cnh. Put a load of turrets at each base and one counter/cap point at each base. You overrun the opponent's base and cap their node and you win that round. Maybe get a decent piece of loot/couple emblems. Or hell, just have an empty zone where you could just go to fight.

This is just a simple/basic/lame example. A little taste of well... open-ish pvp while hopefully better things get developed down the road.

They had something like that and they nuked it. It was an alternative to the current CnH maps, maybe assault maps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Some well placed but smal Nebula's that scramble sensors and shields may help save Kerrat.