Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2011, 08:41 PM
I dont go into Kerrat much anymore, as there really arnt that many good fed players in there that often. Considering Ive popped thousands of noobs in this game now there isnt much joy in it for me. I need to pop big fish to keep me entertained.

With that said, Kerrat is the only thing in the game that resembles an open world pvp. It should be expanded on, not nuked. I do not understand why it would be so hard to have multiple objectives spread across the map that are all different....just make a huge map with multiple planets and random objectives popping up (so both teams race to that part of the map) and yea... have good rewards for winning.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
Bwahahahhaa!! MOAR PAKLEDZ PLS D:
If you insist..
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Considering Ive popped thousands of noobs in this game now there isnt much joy in it for me.
You nauty beagles, keep your jaded, pessimisticky paw prints outta here

Quote:
I need to pop big fish to keep me entertained.
O Rly

Quote:
Kerrat is the only thing in the game that resembles an open world pvp. It should be expanded on, not nuked.
YES MOAR ; It seems like you remember glorious times in Ker'rat... I invite you to share a memory/story of an adventure in the War Zone. Pls , kthnx
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
With that said, Kerrat is the only thing in the game that resembles an open world pvp. It should be expanded on, not nuked. I do not understand why it would be so hard to have multiple objectives spread across the map that are all different....just make a huge map with multiple planets and random objectives popping up (so both teams race to that part of the map) and yea... have good rewards for winning.
My hope is that's why it's even on the agenda as a seperate point.
My fear is it's just because it will get nuked, no replacement.

Maybe we all have to go to Otha then during the slow Queue times... Maybe it would even be fun...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2011, 01:02 AM
I remember the days when Ker'rat had more farmers then PVPers.. And I had to go around and pop the farmers for enjoyment.. They'd fight back sometimes too. But I atleast had a day where I poped every single one of them at least once before logging out. Those were fun times.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Here's an approach to nuking Ker'rat: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...01#post3365001
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Some well placed but smal Nebula's that scramble sensors and shields may help save Kerrat.
This is a great idea.

There was a top down strategy Star Trek game, I think it was called Armada. In it they had nebulas that had different effects, some shut off systems and some would benefit your ship in some way. It produced a "claim the high ground" effect in the game play where you would try to claim a beneficial nebula or try to heard your opponent into a bad nebula. Added an extra element of strategy that went beyond asteroid fields and naked vacuums.

As for Kerrat I love the concept. It is a great idea. Not only an open PvP zone, but an open PvP zone that gave you something to do while you waited for another human player to wander in for some fun. Fix the clipping and restart/spawn issues while you find a way to make it harder for the gold farmers to farm and you will have gone along way towards getting me to hang out in Kerrat much more often.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Damn, I have to work that Micro-Nebula in.

Maybe the destruction of a Borg transwarp gate caused it? Hmmm...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Ker'rat was packed last night... Fix the bugs instead of going all nukey.

MOAR OPEN PVP PLZ!!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Damn, I have to work that Micro-Nebula in.

Maybe the destruction of a Borg transwarp gate caused it? Hmmm...
Are not Nebula's just intersteller gas? The Transwarp gate explosion seems feasible.