Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought05 View Post
Whilst that works for some skills, we're talking about abilities that can ONLY be trained via Captain, and not by rare bridge officers.

So as an Engineer, I can easily train my Borg Boff with Extend Shields III, for example, but there is no way to get that skill on my Borg Boff if I'm Science or Tactical.
Thats where cross-training by players comes in to effect.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought05 View Post
Whilst that works for some skills, we're talking about abilities that can ONLY be trained via Captain, and not by rare bridge officers.

So as an Engineer, I can easily train my Borg Boff with Extend Shields III, for example, but there is no way to get that skill on my Borg Boff if I'm Science or Tactical.
Sorry, I had my coffee now....

What I was trying to get across was this....(Assuming your a tactical officer)

1. Buy yourself a "disposable" bo. White variety
2. Trade this bo to your sci buddy
3. Sci buddy trains white variety bo in med tricorder III
4. Sci buddy trades white bo back to you
5. White bo trains "special" bo
6. ?
7. Profit

Now that I think about...I don't think you get the option for a commissioned bo (even if its been traded) to train skills(if a commissioned bo can be place on the exchange, I see a work around foe this work around but even then I'm not sure)

I need confirmation here guys
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I vote for this idea, too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
Sorry, I had my coffee now....

What I was trying to get across was this....(Assuming your a tactical officer)

1. Buy yourself a "disposable" bo. White variety
2. Trade this bo to your sci buddy
3. Sci buddy trains white variety bo in med tricorder III
4. Sci buddy trades white bo back to you
5. White bo trains "special" bo
6. ?
7. Profit

Now that I think about...I don't think you get the option for a commissioned bo (even if its been traded) to train skills(if a commissioned bo can be place on the exchange, I see a work around foe this work around but even then I'm not sure)

I need confirmation here guys
That might be possible. I'm not sure if a trading requirement is the officer be commissioned or not. If they are, then you can't train a bridge officer. And to train a bridge officer yourself they need to be commissioned.

To continue your example...

You trade to your sci buddy.
He has to commission the officer to train it.
It's now commissioned and thus cannot teach anyone, although can be traded with said skill.

Which, unfortunately, brings us full circle - it's impossible to train exclusive BOffs in skills outside of your profession.

I'll give you +1 for effort though!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2011, 01:48 AM
@Acceleron
That's the point, it is impossible to train exclusive BOs in this way, cause commisioned BOs can't train each other and exclusive BOs also can't be traded to others for training!

That's way I asked cryptic to change this unfortunalty situation for the exclusive BOs!

It would be very, very cool to have sooner than later the option to train these exclusvie BOs like the Liberated Borg and the Kithomer Borg. I would like to have player based skills like Medical Tricorder 3 and Emergency Power to Shield 3 on them, but I can't cause I'm a tactical.

It would be a good way if one can trade "white" commissioned BOs to train other commissioned BOs and it is still possible to stop commissioned BOs to be sold in the Exchange if this is a point for Cryptic. In no other way this would change the situation with BOs we've already have.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-10-2011, 04:35 AM
I would like to aks ALL of you!

Please vote for this idea!

Exclusive and untradable BOs should also have a chance to get lvl III class bound skills, like Emergency Power to Shield III, even when you are NOT a Engineer!