Lt. Commander
# 1 Advance equipment?yes pls.
02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I think it's a great idea along with the combat revamp to have some more flexible equipment slots.
I would love to have to equip shoulders,gloves,belts,amulets,rings,earrings etc that have stats on them and give me the option to to be shown when im wearing them or not.
I think this one will give the game a strong boost to ground combat complexity.
what do u think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
On one hand, I like more options.

On the other, that sounds a LOT like every fantasy MMOG equipment pattern.

On another hand (yep, three), STO's ground combat is very similar to most other MMOG systems, including fantasy, so it could work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Well, it all depends what all those items do.

An earing could be a sensor scramble device for example that locks you from showing up on the minimap but are still visile when seen normaly.
Belt could hold a antigrav floating device or so that gives you a bonus in rough terrain.
shock gloves that proc a stun effect in unarmed melee combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Paper doll equipment slots may be nice idea, but I would steer away from earing,ring, timepiece, underwear, and other unSc-fi related equipment that doesn't have a direct influence on the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Paper doll equipment slots may be nice idea, but I would steer away from earing,ring, timepiece, underwear, and other unSc-fi related equipment that doesn't have a direct influence on the game.
Agreed.

I would prefer to see things equippable tricorder, belt (perhaps bonus to weapons or something to do with gravity/jump height).

I would like to see grenades become a weapon rather than a tactical ability, and just make tactical officers get a large boost to it's damage and effect.

Adding more melee weapons would be nice. There are tons in game for npcs already, not sure why they never added them for players.

Those are things I think would benefit the game and are within the sto universe. I would to hate to see magical rings and earings. They just don't belong.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Another agreement here.

Not real interested in in messing with rings and amulets and stuff, got sick of that in every fantasy game ever. Doesn't seem very Trek. Klingons should get a lot more weapons to use at any given time, though, as that's very canon.

Orion women should certainly get more underwear customization options ... I SAID TOO MUCH. Carry on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan_Propoganda
Another agreement here.

Not real interested in in messing with rings and amulets and stuff, got sick of that in every fantasy game ever. Doesn't seem very Trek. Klingons should get a lot more weapons to use at any given time, though, as that's very canon.

Orion women should certainly get more underwear customization options ... I SAID TOO MUCH. Carry on.
Whats this underwear you speak off?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulan_Propoganda
Another agreement here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Whats this underwear you speak off?
Actually the undies is a good idea. ANy ferengi worth his latinum would at least see the potential for profit in the Japanese bussinesman market.