Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
I used the splash top remote desktop viewer, though I am wondering if there's somethng better I could use.

For more info and how it went down, here's a Stranded in Space(before it was remastered) run. The description should answer some of the questions you may have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUX4Cmrjk90

(bear in mind the first few seconds of the video, which I forgot to edit out, my iPad was not responding to the touch commands for some reason. :p)
That's really awesome, I watched the Video and it looked like it did a pretty good job keeping up. A few lag issues but it was definatly playable. I currenlty use LogMeIn, and I tried opening STO from my iPhone 4. I couldn't even see the character selection screen, so I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for the info!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2011, 05:54 AM
I hope one day... people that want things like this will get the help they need. It sounds like video game addiction to me when you want to check in on the game and your in game friends when your out and about.....

STO and other MMO's are good games... but its sad.... very sad if your constantly thinking about the game when your doing the inconvenient things in life that get in the way of your gaming.... like Working, food shopping or visiting friends and family.......

Everything in moderation... that includes gaming... so when your not at your computer you should have no access to STO.

I know many of you will dissagree but im actualy only thinking about the life your wasting.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
I think this is a fantastic idea. Did you know there's a Champions Online app (iPhone)? For free, too. At one point you could check your friends list by logging in, I don't know if this is still true.

What's true is that , at the very least, a basic template exists for a potential STO iPhone app.
no thats interesting. Will take a look at that. Apps are pretty easy to make nowadays. You can use just HTML code and have it converted via Phone Gap - http://www.phonegap.com/ and boom a iPhone App or android marketplace app.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
I've been working on a STO app in my spare time and have managed to get most of the exposed information working, ie

Email
Friends
News
Events
Server Status
Tickets

I am curently working on the My Account section and hope to finish off later this month.

-------------------------

Most of the content that you are asking for would mean exposing aspects of the game that could be open to exploits such as the WOW Web Auction house facility which is known to be exploited by gold farmers (and we don't want them back now do we)

While Onlive is a good service, I think that playing STO on a mobile would be an exercise in futility without heavy modification to the UI and controls. The other problem is the lag using a 3rd party server would make the game unplayable (I've tryed playing STO at work by Remote Desktoping my home PC and "LAG" was an understatment)

With the development of the new generation of high powered SOC tablets and Microsoft's intergration of the next version of Windows for these devices, we could see tablets capable of running STO outright in the near future.

Yes and App would be great, but personaly I would much rather see the devs working on game content rather than an app to check the AH.
not too shabby. allow me to throw disgruntled avians and i will pay you .99
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I'd love a STO app but I'd prefer a iPhone and Android App.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I'd love a STO app but I'd prefer a iPhone and Android App.
Thats what were talking about a iPhone and android app.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Signed...... as a person who uses exchange and mail regularly, this would be amazing. Currently using mail from the site on an iPhone is not a good and easy experience. Throw in forums support btw too.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
I've been working on a STO app in my spare time and have managed to get most of the exposed information working, ie

Email
Friends
News
Events
Server Status
Tickets

I am curently working on the My Account section and hope to finish off later this month.

-------------------------

Most of the content that you are asking for would mean exposing aspects of the game that could be open to exploits such as the WOW Web Auction house facility which is known to be exploited by gold farmers (and we don't want them back now do we)

While Onlive is a good service, I think that playing STO on a mobile would be an exercise in futility without heavy modification to the UI and controls. The other problem is the lag using a 3rd party server would make the game unplayable (I've tryed playing STO at work by Remote Desktoping my home PC and "LAG" was an understatment)

With the development of the new generation of high powered SOC tablets and Microsoft's intergration of the next version of Windows for these devices, we could see tablets capable of running STO outright in the near future.

Yes and App would be great, but personaly I would much rather see the devs working on game content rather than an app to check the AH.
Your App project sounds fantastic, please tell me this is for the Android platform or that your planning on converting it too it once your finished.
How goes your progress btw?
I'd gladly pay a few for a decent STO app
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Shameless plug for our iPad and iPhone app for Star Trek Online, an LCARS controller.
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/clarkeapps
iTunes link: www.tapplay.shorturl.com

There's also a free version by the name of Star Controller :-)
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I think using Phone Gap we can easily create a STO App for both iPhone and android. While on my lunch today was trying to find stuff to do... one thing I woulda spent time on is organizing my inventory, and selling on exchange.

We got alot of people behind this. Please add more support so Cryptic can see people want this as a feature.
Closed Thread