Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
I had thought of something along the lines of what you'd like. It would be a mini game app for each boff space skill. Where upon completing the mini task the app would send signal to desktop for the appropriate keybind (via bluetooth).

For example:

assume alt+1 = cannon rapid fire, alt+2 hy torpedo, alt+3 apo, alt+4 apd

there's an app which emulates bridge officer station where you select the mini tasks for crf, hyt, apo, apd

when "captain" orders the tasks the "boff", sitting on couch next to him w/smart phone connected to desktop via blue tooth, performs the mini task crf and the hot key for "alt+1" is sent to the desktop.

In theory you could set up a "bridge" in your living room and order your friends around (while drinking Picard wine ).
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I'd love a STO app for my android. It would be cool if we could do crafting on it as well. Also, any good LCARS app for the android (Galaxy S) would get a few buck from my old wallet lol.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
Thats what were talking about a iPhone and android app.
Sorry, I thought you were just suggesting an iPhone app.My bad.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I had thought of something along the lines of what you'd like. It would be a mini game app for each boff space skill. Where upon completing the mini task the app would send signal to desktop for the appropriate keybind (via bluetooth).

For example:

assume alt+1 = cannon rapid fire, alt+2 hy torpedo, alt+3 apo, alt+4 apd

there's an app which emulates bridge officer station where you select the mini tasks for crf, hyt, apo, apd

when "captain" orders the tasks the "boff", sitting on couch next to him w/smart phone connected to desktop via blue tooth, performs the mini task crf and the hot key for "alt+1" is sent to the desktop.

In theory you could set up a "bridge" in your living room and order your friends around (while drinking Picard wine ).
I throwed this idea around a few times earlier when people discussed the possibility of multi crewing a single ship in STO. It is just a little modification of my app. Noone showed any interest at all.
My idea was to have 1 BIG monitor as main screen. 3 stations (1 eng, 1 tac and 1 sci) that would be mapped to command 1 power bar row with the matching skills.
The Eng would call the engineering powers and allocate the energy.
The Tac would fly the ship, control the weapons and call tac powers.
Finally, the Sci would do, well, the science stuff. He/she could be able to use the online combat log analyzer, to beef up his position.
Plus the captain with mouse control.
This, you can do already with my app. It doesn't sport minigames at the moment, but they can be added.
Who knows, a good crew may even be more efficient then a single player.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-28-2011, 12:51 AM
No love for Blackberry?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-28-2011, 03:25 AM
I love the idea of an STO app of some kind. Even if all it does is lets me check my in-game email to see whether I've sold things in the exchange etc. it would be nice. A few little app-based missions would be even better, maybe with some sort of reward to go with it?

The downside is that I can see people who don't have smartphones or don't have one that's compatible with the app being unhappy about being left out of it. Smartphone platform rivalry can get pretty nasty when people get heated about it. I have otherwise perfectly pleasant friends who will happily rant about all Apple products as though they were invented by Satan himself.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
What do you guys think if it was priced at 99 cents to show Cryptic some
Love? Or do u demand free?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2011, 02:41 PM
gee. the economy is rough man. i need that 99 cents to buy me a twelve pack of tube socks at wallmart.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
gee. the economy is rough man. i need that 99 cents to buy me a twelve pack of tube socks at wallmart.
You be surprised some people refuse to pay for dollar apps.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Whats the most would you pay for a app like this. Lets give Cryptic some ideas on pricing for such a app.
Closed Thread