Lt. Commander
# 41
03-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
I've been working on a STO app in my spare time and have managed to get most of the exposed information working, ie

Email
Friends
News
Events
Server Status
Tickets

I am curently working on the My Account section and hope to finish off later this month.
I already have an app on my smartphone that can do all that. It is called Opera browser and I doubt Cryptic would object.
I don't really use it thou, because the emails are auto forwarded to my exchange.
Friends and events does not interest me when I'm AFK. Server status, again I don't care if I can't play due to being AFK.
News don't update too often and the ticket status seldom updates at all (save for canned responses).
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
I already have an app on my smartphone that can do all that. It is called Opera browser and I doubt Cryptic would object.
I don't really use it thou, because the emails are auto forwarded to my exchange.
Friends and events does not interest me when I'm AFK. Server status, again I don't care if I can't play due to being AFK.
News don't update too often and the ticket status seldom updates at all (save for canned responses).
While I can do most of that with Opera too, for some reason I just can't select a ticket and read the responses. It would be nice to do that from my iPad since I have had to use the ticket system a little more recently.

Though, yeah, if I can get an app with an even easier interface for me to work with (I.e. Twitter on Opera vs. Twitter for iPad), I'll take it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Yes the interface is the realy fun part, now that the iPad 2 specs are out I can finish the UI design as I don't have to worry about making massive graphics assets for the possible retina display (planned for max possible 2048 x 1536 res).

As for the Inferstructure, the app will localy save all read data for viewing offline if nessacary, ie all the news headers, release notes headers, mail headers as of last login ect...

Also attempted to put the map on the iPhone today, BIG MISTAKE, will have to work out a better way to present as the full map as wayyyyy to big to navigate properly on the iPhone screen, may have to put that part on hold for time being.

If all goes well I will be sending a beta of the app to Cryptic late next week for feedback and hopefully approval (copyright and licencing issues arising from movie and tv franchises can be a real pain in the ass.)
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-03-2011, 06:54 AM
how hard would it be to add a post/read STO messageboard feature?
Because it truely is hard to do so on an iphone

BTW, i appreciate the effort you have put into it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Yes the interface is the realy fun part, now that the iPad 2 specs are out I can finish the UI design as I don't have to worry about making massive graphics assets for the possible retina display (planned for max possible 2048 x 1536 res).

As for the Inferstructure, the app will localy save all read data for viewing offline if nessacary, ie all the news headers, release notes headers, mail headers as of last login ect...

Also attempted to put the map on the iPhone today, BIG MISTAKE, will have to work out a better way to present as the full map as wayyyyy to big to navigate properly on the iPhone screen, may have to put that part on hold for time being.

If all goes well I will be sending a beta of the app to Cryptic late next week for feedback and hopefully approval (copyright and licencing issues arising from movie and tv franchises can be a real pain in the ass.)
Really looking forward to getting this app. Thanks Saje for working on this.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Hows it coming with the Android version of your app?
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-09-2011, 04:47 PM
toss in in-game chat, and I'd pay for this app on my iPhone.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Please do remember that solicitation on these forums is not allowed. Since this discussion is moving towards the purchase of non-Cryptic / Atari products, I'll have to close at this time.
Closed Thread