Lt. Commander
We have a number of various weapon types for energy weapons, with scaled firing arcs and damages accordingly (turret(360)>cannon(180)>double cannon(45)/DHC(45) and beam array(250)/dual beam array(90). The general rule is an increased fire arc means reduced damage, which is a trade off every player must consider and choose what they would like for their build.

What about a second torpedo weapon with increased arc and reduced damage? Or perhaps another handicap like increased cooldowns, a delay in firing or reduced accuracy? I could see the firing arc being a number of things depending on the handicap. I just think it would be a neat idea to have a second choice, (balanced with the current torpedo weapons) for our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Something like the "Quantum Torpedo Turret" - maybe a 180 torpedo launcher? Might require some tweaking overall. For example, if you reduce its damage output in exchange, high yield torpedoes become less valuable. Maybe that's okay (the same issue exists for CRF and Beam Overload), maybe it would be better to tweak firing rates to maintain damage per torpedo but reduce unmodified DPS?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Okay, I've got to ask:

Where did this Quantum Torpedo Turret come from? I've heard it referenced on the Sovereign by people, but I've yet to see a canon source that identifies it as actually existing.

Is this an actual thing in Star Trek, or is this just some sort of fanon thing?

EDIT: Oh, and on the OP's topic - Non energy weapons have some serious issues that need to be addressed. Adding an increased arc modifier would not help them "measure up".
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Ah, the Enterprise just used HYT on the Cube.

Anyway, i thought about micro-torpedos. Faster, less damage than standard version but with a higher bleedthrough maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Existing projectile weapons need to be fixed overall. I'd rather they do that than add anything new.