Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Sorry dude, but T'pol is much,much,much hotter than 7 of 9...would definately wait seven years for that....!
I agree with you, but I remember talking to some friends after the Enterprise pilot. The consensus among them was that T'Pol was a cross between 7 of 9 and Tuvok, and entirely unappealing. But again, that was when it was new.....
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I agree with you, but I remember talking to some friends after the Enterprise pilot. The consensus among them was that T'Pol was a cross between 7 of 9 and Tuvok, and entirely unappealing. But again, that was when it was new.....
I wasn't staring at her ears......
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2011, 06:52 AM
I love decon goop and sexxy Vulcans
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Im gonna take a quantum leap here and say maybe it was the choice for Captain..........

Nothing like type casting
I honestly don't think Bakula was the problem with the series. An actor can only do so much with the material he's given, and the much of the material he was given was the writers (possibly due to Exectutive Meddling from B&B and/or Paramount) was rehashes of the best stories from previous Star Trek series.

And I agree with Vis, Season 4 was what the series should have been; a Vulcan superpower on the decline against several rising powers, humans gaining influence in galatic affairs, and the Romulans as the Big Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort
I think all Trek shows have to overcome the nostalgia of the previous shows.

TNG started: "This isn't the original crew!!"
DS9 started: "This isn't a starship!!"
Voy started: "This isn't the Alpha Quadrant!!"
Ent started: "This isn't 7 of 9!!"
I think TNG was accepted a lot earlier; it's third season (especially the cliff hanging "Best of Both Worlds") is generally regarded as when the series started to get its footing. I think DS9 was given its chance by the fans, despite not being set aboard a starship, it's just the darker turn the series took turned quite a number of them off. I think Voyager is generally considered the point when "Seasonal Rot" started to set in, and Enterprise was just the final nail in the Trek T.V. series coffin. We do have a new movie, that did exceptional business, but note we still haven't gotten another TV series.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Ent
02-17-2011, 07:10 AM
The show was coming into it's own in it's fourth season and would have lead to the Romulan War and then the formation of the Federation. At least that was probably the end game for the show. Anyways if you like Enterprise and want to continue its adventures into what the series was supposed to do, read the novels they are well written and are starting the Romulan War. I personally love Enterprise and have been with Star Trek since TNG. So it doesn't matter if you hate the TNG era because "oh my god it's not the original cast!" or DS9 because "oh my god, it's not on a starship!" or VOY because "oh my god they arn't in the Alpha Quadrant" or ENT because "oh my god Kirk's enterprise was the first!". Watch it for the stories, that's what Trek is about.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm probally one of the few people who actualy likes ALL the series.

Though i did think season 3 of Enterprise was the weaker part of the series.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm not a huge fan of ENT, but it is worth watching. Especially once you have seen all the other Star Trek shows. If there was actually an episode of DS9 I had not seen I would much rather watch that than an episode of ENT, but I have actually seen all the previous series, some episodes MANY times.

I think the main issue for me was it just seemed a little low budget and personally did not care much for the acting. Some of the story lines are great and hey lets face it, anything about Star Trek strokes my inner fanboy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
I love decon goop and sexxy Vulcans
So do I, so... do... I.
I truly think the hotest chicks in Star Trek are Vulcan women. Yowzer!

For me T'pol was the perfection of this. Cold blooded green goblin with a s.exy body. Beside this, she had some cute pointy ears.

Back to the thread theme,
ENT is one of my favourite Sar Trek series. Sadly the producer hadn't the right balls for such a project, same as ol' Gene had. Beside this, the series had a major failure, that damn temporal cold war along the first 3 seasons. Just in the 4. season the series were where it had to be in the first time. As for me, this was the best storyline from the whole Star Trek series.

As for "this ain't Star Trek" talk, i don't give a s**t about such stupid talk. Everyone has to define Star Trek for himself. As long as the told universe feels like Star Trek ist is Star Trek. The spirit is over all the series the same, so they truly belong together, despite the paradox filmsets.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
So do I, so... do... I.
I truly think the hotest chicks in Star Trek are Vulcan women. Yowzer!

For me T'pol was the perfection of this. Cold blooded green goblin with a s.exy body. Beside this, she had some cute pointy ears.
Again.....i was NOT looking at her ears.......i was staring mindlessly into her ample.......logic.....yea thats it....logic.......i need a cold shower......
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomecradies View Post
Hi all,

I've just been watching my way through the first season of Star Trek: Enterprise. Now all I heard from people is that it is all just complete rubbish, but it doesn't seem too bad for me right now, should I expect to be pleasantly surprised or a plot u-turn?
the fans were the abomination that got enterprise killed... so just go in... watch them all... then vote undine