Lt. Commander
# 51
02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoHawk
This has been officially answered, though I'm too lazy right now to dig for the answer.

Your time starts when you started to actually pay for the game. If you paid for a lifetime sub when they went on sale during Open Beta, then your time started the day you bought the lifetime sub. If you subscribed during Open Beta on any other subscription plan (monthly, etc.), then your time started after your 30 day free trial was up, which was 30 days after the 2/2/10 Release day (or March 4, 2010).

Open Beta and Headstart did not count towards your subscription time if you were not a Lifetime subscriber at that time.
After reading the answers I thought that I should ask Cryptic about it and I did. I just received their official response. They said, and I quote: "Greetings Captain Thank you for contacting us about our Veteran rewards The days counted toward this perk or achievement are only the days with an active subscription to the game after the game was officially launched".

So there we have it. Now since this is the official response from Cryptic, then anyone who got their lifetime subs before other people in the beta doesn't matter at all. The official launch date of the game was February 2, 2010 in the USA and February 5, 2010 in Europe. So anyone who had an active sub on that date that is day #1 for all of them. Therefore, no one should have a captains yacht yet. I do find it a little annoying that some people are getting it before others do, and a little unfair too.

Hmm will I get blasted for this? Hope not.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
After reading the answers I thought that I should ask Cryptic about it and I did. I just received their official response. They said, and I quote: "Greetings Captain Thank you for contacting us about our Veteran rewards The days counted toward this perk or achievement are only the days with an active subscription to the game after the game was officially launched".

So there we have it. Now since this is the official response from Cryptic, then anyone who got their lifetime subs before other people in the beta doesn't matter at all. The official launch date of the game was February 2, 2010 in the USA and February 5, 2010 in Europe. So anyone who had an active sub on that date that is day #1 for all of them. Therefore, no one should have a captains yacht yet. I do find it a little annoying that some people are getting it before others do, and a little unfair too.

Hmm will I get blasted for this? Hope not.
No you won't at all. I'm now at 381 days and i've been here since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-17-2011, 04:55 PM
398.92 days now.

Lt. Commander
# 54
02-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
I do find it a little annoying that some people are getting it before others do, and a little unfair too..
Why does it matter?
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
398.92 days now.

398.95 days :p
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Just how rare do you think regular subscribers who've been playing since Launch are?

400 days after Launch should be 9 March 2011.
I was one.

Then, I got lifetime..... *sob* THE DAY BEFORE THE SALE! *breaks down in tears over 60 bucks*
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM
yacht and chariot are scheduled to go live in tonight's update (it was supposed to go live last night, but we've been putting in some additional code to prepare for the weekend).

Worse case scenario it will be live Saturday a.m.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
yacht and chariot are scheduled to go live in tonight's update (it was supposed to go live last night, but we've been putting in some additional code to prepare for the weekend).

Thanks for the update!
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoHawk
This has been officially answered, though I'm too lazy right now to dig for the answer.

Your time starts when you started to actually pay for the game. If you paid for a lifetime sub when they went on sale during Open Beta, then your time started the day you bought the lifetime sub. If you subscribed during Open Beta on any other subscription plan (monthly, etc.), then your time started after your 30 day free trial was up, which was 30 days after the 2/2/10 Release day (or March 4, 2010).

Open Beta and Headstart did not count towards your subscription time if you were not a Lifetime subscriber at that time.
I was a pre-order annual sub. By your reasoning, I should start my count calendar from 4 March, which means my total should be 350 days as of 17 Feb 2011. (365 days at 4 Mar 2011, minus 15 days to get back to 17 Feb.)

My count is 380 days. The "starts after your 30 day free trial" is nonsense.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

Tangent:

I was wondering when this patch would show up. I've been putting off running my leveling characters through "Mine Enemy" until the XP bugfix. Thanks for the info.