Lt. Commander
# 71
02-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Why does it matter?
It matters because I've always believed in fair play, thats all. I just feel that way. It shouldn't matter if you purchased your lifetime subscription 14 days or 2 days before the official release date. The count should start from the official release date. That's just my opinion, that's all. This way, everyone who has been playing the game since day one, they would all be getting them on the same exact day. This leads to less chance of jealousy, or feelings of animosity or favoritism (which we all know will happen anyway).

Thank you dstahl for the update, though I am surprised that Cryptic has given me 2 different answers regarding this question. Like I said, in my opinion, no one should be getting it until 400 days after the official release date. But to those who are lucky enough to be getting theirs tomorrow or this weekend, enjoy them.

grumble ... grumble ... grumble
sassa frassin rassin
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah I think it is unfair that I logged in tonight, and got a notice that I hit my 400 day mark and can claim my reward, but cannot... life is not fair.

Edit: Cannot on my Fed, but can on my Klink...
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
It matters because I've always believed in fair play, thats all. I just feel that way. It shouldn't matter if you purchased your lifetime subscription 14 days or 2 days before the official release date. The count should start from the official release date. That's just my opinion, that's all. This way, everyone who has been playing the game since day one, they would all be getting them on the same exact day. This leads to less chance of jealousy, or feelings of animosity or favoritism (which we all know will happen anyway).

Thank you dstahl for the update, though I am surprised that Cryptic has given me 2 different answers regarding this question. Like I said, in my opinion, no one should be getting it until 400 days after the official release date. But to those who are lucky enough to be getting theirs tomorrow or this weekend, enjoy them.

grumble ... grumble ... grumble
sassa frassin rassin
I think if they're going to count pre-launch days, it shouldn't be from the moment you purchased the LTS, it should be from when you started playing.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-17-2011, 07:04 PM
I always thought it was for continuous game time, it shouldnt matter when u actually put down a credit card since everyone would have been billed 30 days after. Bottom line is the first 30 days should count.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker9172 View Post
After reading the answers I thought that I should ask Cryptic about it and I did. I just received their official response. They said, and I quote: "Greetings Captain Thank you for contacting us about our Veteran rewards The days counted toward this perk or achievement are only the days with an active subscription to the game after the game was officially launched".

So there we have it. Now since this is the official response from Cryptic, then anyone who got their lifetime subs before other people in the beta doesn't matter at all. The official launch date of the game was February 2, 2010 in the USA and February 5, 2010 in Europe. So anyone who had an active sub on that date that is day #1 for all of them. Therefore, no one should have a captains yacht yet. I do find it a little annoying that some people are getting it before others do, and a little unfair too.

Hmm will I get blasted for this? Hope not.
Well that doesn't add up, because I got my Lifetime a couple of weeks before release and am currently at 395. On the anniversary, I was at 380. That would mean on release day I was at 15. If it went active on launch day, my total should be at 380 right now. Not complaining one way or the other, but I think the Cryptic guy is wrong here.
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Yeah I think it is unfair that I logged in tonight, and got a notice that I hit my 400 day mark and can claim my reward, but cannot... life is not fair.

Edit: Cannot on my Fed, but can on my Klink...
Ah sarcasm, gotta love it.

Thats beat by the way, but you'll be able to get your fed one tomorrow at least. How is the klink one anyway?

Yeah RynoHawk, I'm beginning to believe that he was wrong too. Oh well it happens. He probably didn't get the memo.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I got my captains yacht few hours ago, just claim it at the shuttle vendor when you get the 400 day accolade. It looks really sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
sighs 4 days left for me .... 396 ...
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
398.36 days for me. so I should get it Saturday.

A new FE and the CY?

This weekend is looking good
Lt. Commander
# 80
02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
385.45 days so far for me. Kind of strange considering a friend of mine who uses subscription cards will get his 10 days before me and I purchased my lifetime sub around the end of the open beta. ):