Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Not sure if anyone noticed, but Phantom Torpedoe kills have made their return in the past few days.

Being hit with super crits by somebody that is 30km away, who happens to be on somebody else? (Meaning not being killed while being jammed).


Its bad enough PvP is so ridiculously imbalanced right now, but now the old bugs are returning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I haven't noticed any phantom torpedoes any sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Its bad enough PvP is so ridiculously imbalanced right now, but now the old bugs are returning.
Elaborate, please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Minimax must be back in his B'Rel again...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

Its bad enough PvP is so ridiculously imbalanced right now, but now the old bugs are returning.
I think he means another one of his whine threads claiming the TER is OP and needs nerfing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure torpedoes or cannons actually fire a projectile, or if that is just a graphical representation of the weapon. It could be that they just apply damage to a target after a delay in time. This is why you can not ever out run a torpedo. If it has been fired at you, it will hit, and will do damage. This would also be why torpedoes hit the shield arc that is facing whoever fired it, not the arc that the torpedo actually hits.

Torpedoes which generate a target-able projectile, like Tricobalts, would be an exception to this rule, as they actually spawn an object.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I have seen it a few times. You evasive out of combat, cloak or whatever and then bang you are dead because a torp you cannot see has hit you when you are well out of combat. Evidently torps are graphically glitching or something that makes them invisible but instead of increasing miss chance they are as deadly as if you were in the middle of battle except now you cannot see them and are caught unawares. I have had this happen to me to the extent it dropped me out of full impulse when chasing a target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I remember those.

Disembodied power hits you for 60000 points damage?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Can't say i have noticed much PvP imbalance at all.
Only players with varying skill levels and those that know teamwork and those that don't.
Also have not noticed any phantom torpedoes at all as of late.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I remember those.

Disembodied power hits you for 60000 points damage?
bingo, feds besides the defiant find it as nuisance but most cloakable ships have a pretty good chance of being killed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I'm not sure torpedoes or cannons actually fire a projectile, or if that is just a graphical representation of the weapon. It could be that they just apply damage to a target after a delay in time. This is why you can not ever out run a torpedo. If it has been fired at you, it will hit, and will do damage. This would also be why torpedoes hit the shield arc that is facing whoever fired it, not the arc that the torpedo actually hits.

Torpedoes which generate a target-able projectile, like Tricobalts, would be an exception to this rule, as they actually spawn an object.
I think that's pretty much the underlying issue. The animation and the damage are not really strongly linked. If a torpedo gets fired and doesn't miss, it will hit, you can't outrun it, and the torpedo animation might or might not be in sync with the time you receive damage.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM.