Lt. Commander
# 1 More in-game Trek music?
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
As I type this, I am listening to the main score from ST: First Contact. I sure wish It was in STO. Beautiful song, it is.
I was hoping you guys would consider adding more music into STO that comes from the movies and series. Don't get me wrong, I love the music you have now, but I still would luv to hear a familiar score here and there. Something to consider for S4.

Another thing that would be cool is the option to get the songs played in STO for like media player or itunes. that is, so we can listen to em even when were not playing the game :p like I said, they are great tunes. good job with them!

so, not the most relevant thread, but I hope you consider it, Cryptic! thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

I remember back in the day when I used to play Republic Commando. Man they had some great music cues. You blew up a wall.....bam epic music.

I would love it if they're could be the next generation fanfare every time we either take down a boss or blow up a big enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
What Id really love to see at least for starters is a quiet DS9 theme in the background when we fly into DS9 space. it would bring back so many memories of that great series. Maybe even the VOY score when we fly through gamma orionis, lol. at least during parts of it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I agree also. I like the music in game but just like any other game. After awhile I turn it off.

I won't be sad if they don't add more. It'd just be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2011, 04:17 PM
My ear, my ear for more! But then it would be in mono!

---
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2011, 04:22 PM
First, I want them to have the Amok Time song playing when they first introduce the Lirpa (many are speculating that players will get a Lirpa in the upcomming mission "Colliseum" so I want the Amok Time song to play while we fight with the Lirpa in the Colliseum).

Next I want the DS9 theme to play when you warp into te system at DS9.

Those are the two big ones for me, but I'm more than happy with more Trek songs in game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
What Id really love to see at least for starters is a quiet DS9 theme in the background when we fly into DS9 space. it would bring back so many memories of that great series. Maybe even the VOY score when we fly through gamma orionis, lol. at least during parts of it.
I setup my client to do this and tend to forget that isn't what everyone has when they go there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2011, 05:10 PM
were working on it. Keep your ears on good budy. could happen sooner than you think.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2011, 05:13 PM
You can already use itunes in the game. The problem is that sometimes it just doesn't sync up with the action on the screen, you just have to run your playlist no matter what is going on. I would like to have the option to customize each track specifically, have certain tracks for battles, exploration, diplomacy, sector space, etc.

Bottom Line: The music we have right now is horrid and needs to be changed, or there needs to be better customization for those of us who play licensed star trek music.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
were working on it. Keep your ears on good budy. could happen sooner than you think.
A long standing request of ours. Awesome and thanks in advance!