Lt. Commander
# 1 Scheduled Maintenance
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Greetings Captains!

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, February 19th from 3:00 AM PST to 5:00 AM PST (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once the maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the traits bug is getting fixed. Anything else getting fixed?

I'm anticipating a lot of 'patch on the weekend?! noes!!!!,' though, heh.

Cake or death?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
dont forget the patch notes. is the scatter volley fix going into the patch along with the ground ability fixes?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Ya know, there's a reason why every other MMO I've ever played installs patches early in the week, like on Tuesdays, rather than the day before a long holiday weekend. The staff at those other games clearly have a clue that the folks at Cryptic have not yet caught.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
Ya know, there's a reason why every other MMO I've ever played installs patches early in the week, like on Tuesdays, rather than the day before a long holiday weekend. The staff at those other games clearly have a clue that the folks at Cryptic have not yet caught.
So you would rather have a long weekend with stuff not working right then ???? Not me Im glad they are fixing it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Less gentle reminder about putting dates in the subject line of Maintenance threads...

Makes telling discussion about Scheduled Maintenance apart from discussion about Scheduled Maintenance a bit easier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Sorry that I have to repeat meowself in here as well, butt it was done on purrpose because the automated message creator always was one day ahead of the real meowntenance time, so they decided to take the date out of the thread title and just simply call it "Scheduled Meowntenance", so you have to check the first post of the thread to check out to what date it is actually planned. Not really hard to open a thread and read the introductionary post, I guess.

~ Meow
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but I notice the Dev teams in most other MMOs don't really bother to communicate with trhe playerbase or listen and take their opinions into account; so sorry, I'll take mCryptic's method or say Blizzard's, SOE's or CCPs methods any day.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 08:17 PM
*poke poke* How about release notes?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Hi welcome to MMO development.

Where things always go right, patches work flawlessly and never require patching before major holidays or releases.

Yeah right. This isn't something they like doing I'm 100% certain of that but you never know what will happen in an online gaming situation where bugs can crop up out of no where. :p