Lt. Commander
even since i've seen starships engaging in battle in star trek online it didn't look much trek, ships firing 6-8 beams

i would like your opinion about visual change

1 beam array > one standard beam
2 beam arrays > one beam 2x damage
3 beam arrays > one beam 3x damage
4 beam arrays > one beam 4x damage

so a ship with 4 fore beam arrays of same type would fire only one beam but deal damage of all beam arrays equipped in fore slots

this would only apply to beam arrays of same type

for example 2 phaser beam arrays and 2 disruptor beam arrays in fore weapon slots would fire two beams, one phaser and one disruptor
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree, it looks silly if you flank an enemy ship and fire 6 beams at once. I also would like visual weapon effects to scale to the ship size. My Delta Flyer fires a phaser beam that is almost as wide as the whole ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I totally agree. That's the reason why I have only one beam array and 2 torpedo launchers (1 fore and 1 aft) on my Galaxy and nothing else...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I agree, it looks silly if you flank an enemy ship and fire 6 beams at once. I also would like visual weapon effects to scale to the ship size. My Delta Flyer fires a phaser beam that is almost as wide as the whole ship.
YOU TOLD! You weren't supposed to let anyone know that we gave the Delta a Phaser Lance. NO SOUP FOR YOU.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Fully agree with this + we need dual banks to fire from better positions on ships. Firing from the side of the saucer looks lame.

It would also be fantastic if all ships could utilise their Dorsal/ventral beam/turret/bank weapon hardpoints to fire when broadsiding instead of just the extreme fore and aft of the vessel (if they have them).

eg The defiant fires its beam phasers from its dorsal phaser array.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 05:25 AM
I would also like to see this. Along with seeing the array light up on both ends till they meet where the beam leaves the ship. Just like we see in show.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Yes and the shuttles light up like a Devidian portal when they scan something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
I would also like to see this. Along with seeing the array light up on both ends till they meet where the beam leaves the ship. Just like we see in show.
I want to roll down the window and fire my .45 o.O
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
While I understand what the OP is saying. This should be an option. To give an example on a Carrier with 2 Beam Arrays forward will actually fire 2 beams from different points on the larger model (don't remember its name).

This is due to the ship having something like 8 array firing points on each side of the fore section (2 sets of 2 for upper arc and 2 sets of 2 for lower arc). It really looks nice when you have 2 arrays on the nose firing.

All I'm saying is make it an option due to some ships look nice firing multi arrays.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darexius
I want to roll down the window and fire my .45 o.O
It's a perfectly valid strategy.