Lt. Commander
# 51
02-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
What I'm not aware of is how long the Cardie parts have been in the chargen, else I'd make a counter-argument here about how the parts were present before the poll. If someone with a memory that good can confirm my suspicion, I'd be greatly pleased.
The Cardassian features have definitely been there since launch. I created my Engineering character as a Cardassian at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler.

From the latest epoisode it looks very much like the Reman will be joining the KDF so its likely that we might see Reman parts for the KDF aliens. I just hope they get put in as a species of their own and not as an alien parts.

I just don't know if this is going to leave the Romulans as too small a faction with very very few other species.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler.
Spoiler in black: For Feds the Remans want to join them, that was probably only a spoiler about the special series reward.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
If they are unwilling to give us the forehead, the least they could do is give us this haircut:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-15-44-54.jpg

Which could pass as Vulcan too, as seen on this vulcan below:

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...rk/320x240.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Lets keep on trying to get this folks, they already have the Romulan JJ film tattoo. It makes no sense that they couldnt add the Romulan forehead and one or two haircuts to the aliengen. Players are already making their own Romulans but they still wont ever look right without the above being added. There are Romulan RP fleets out there, that im sure would like to have an easier way to represent Romulan Federation characters.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Love the new Romulan ridges. It's something we have been asking for since BETA. It sucks that it took a year to get them right but better late than never. The request to have proper Romulan ridges in the alien gen is also a request that's been around since BETA. PLEASE include them in the alien gen now that they are in game. We have Klingon ridges in there. Why not Romulan ridges?
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Love the new Romulan ridges. It's something we have been asking for since BETA. It sucks that it took a year to get them right but better late than never. The request to have proper Romulan ridges in the alien gen is also a request that's been around since BETA. PLEASE include them in the alien gen now that they are in game. We have Klingon ridges in there. Why not Romulan ridges?
Because Romulan tourism into Klingon or Federation space is somewhat limited, so that you don't see Romulan offspring running all around the place. The implications of these specific ridges would be exactly that, lot of interbreeding, which does not take place in an order of magnitude to warrant a plethora of them all over the place. So there should be no ridges, because they cannot exist in this fashion.

That and if you do not reserve any assets for a faction, the attraction of a faction is diminished. One piece at a time. Without the attraction, you create a dead faction. That is a rather huge waste of time and effort. That, and if they continue to clone every asset imaginable all over the place, as with the officers, you will never have to go anywhere to see something new. Convenient no doubt, good design, absolutely not. Short sighted and poor execution of how to distribute assets, certainly!

---
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
Because Romulan tourism into Klingon or Federation space is somewhat limited, so that you don't see Romulan offspring running all around the place. The implications of these specific ridges would be exactly that, lot of interbreeding, which does not take place in an order of magnitude to warrant a plethora of them all over the place. So there should be no ridges, because they cannot exist in this fashion.

That and if you do not reserve any assets for a faction, the attraction of a faction is diminished. One piece at a time. Without the attraction, you create a dead faction. That is a rather huge waste of time and effort. That, and if they continue to clone every asset imaginable all over the place, as with the officers, you will never have to go anywhere to see something new. Convenient no doubt, good design, absolutely not. Short sighted and poor execution of how to distribute assets, certainly!

---
If they only give us the ridges and hair, the Romulan faction will lose pretty much nothing. Theres a ton of assets remaining for the Romulan faction, Remans...Hirogen..all of the ships and uniforms. Something as simple as a forehead option and hair/eyebrow option is trivial. People have been asking for this since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
If they only give us the ridges and hair, the Romulan faction will lose pretty much nothing. Theres a ton of assets remaining for the Romulan faction, Remans...Hirogen..all of the ships and uniforms. Something as simple as a forehead option and hair/eyebrow option is trivial. People have been asking for this since launch.
It is not trivial, and you know it. If it was trivial you would let it go.

---
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
It is not trivial, and you know it. If it was trivial you would let it go.

---
Well, you got me I guess, :p

But still, look at this thread I made here way way back in the day:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155807

It appears, I was on a mission even back then.