Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Cloak still broken
02-18-2011, 03:46 AM
With the new patch obviously the since WEEKS broken Cloak and Mask energy signature is still not adressed.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...96#post3364296

It is not even listet as "known Issue"; WTF?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Known Issues in Release notes are usually bugs that are introduced with that release but couldn't be fixed in time.

It's not a complete list of all bugs. A complete list wouldn't fit into that post.

And what is broken about cloak? The color of the button? Something really grave like some ships won't cloak ever despite clicking the button?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I think he is talking about the BOF decloaking bug. Fed and KDF are affected by it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Now I get it.

This is the Gameplay Bugs forum. Try to explain the bug as good as you can. It really helps developers to figure what you even mean. If I was developing for this game now and caught this message, I would have get myself a cloaked ship, fly around with it, click if it can cloak or uncloak, check if it is really invisible, and found no errror, then selected: "Problem Solved -> Cannot replicate problem" with a comment "If problem still occurs, please give more precise repro instructions".
I know, not everyone in the world has a software development background, so I guess it is to be expected, but we Devs can be incredibly short-sighted on such things...

So the problem mentioned is:
When your ship is cloaked and you get a new Bridge Officer dialog option (either by it popping up automatically, or by you activating it), the ship immediately uncloaks. This behavior is new and seems undesirable. A possible way to test this would be entering a mission like the Alhena Fuel Station mission with a cloak-equipped vessel, cloaking the ship (if necesary, closing or ignoring popups) and opening the Ops dialog option...The ship will uncloak.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
The problem is very straight forward. Cloak your ship and trigger a dialog box. Your ship decloaks! That is the problem and it has been around too damn long! Space missions with dialog through out the mission just further the frustration when it comes to this issue!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Yeah, it would be nice to see this addressed. It would also be really nice to have these problems acknowledged. We don't need a book. I think everyone understands that there is a lot of stuff to do, make and fix. But a simple response to show that it's on the radar would be a pretty nice move.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2011, 04:14 AM
This is very much still a problem and I'd like to see it at least make the known issues list that is actually published.

Come on guys, this one is EASY to repro...

1. Go home to Qo'Nos.
2. Cloak
3. Fly close to the planet to bring up the beam down dialog.
4. You're uncloaked!
5. Minimize the beam down dialog or say not now.
6. Cloak
7. Click the minimized dialog.
8. You're uncloaked again!

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Yeah, it would be nice to see this addressed. It would also be really nice to have these problems acknowledged. We don't need a book. I think everyone understands that there is a lot of stuff to do, make and fix. But a simple response to show that it's on the radar would be a pretty nice move.
It appears that this is too much.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
It appears that this is too much.
Let's try not to be negative.

I'm sure they either just don't know about it, or do and haven't had time to acknowledge us.

Here's hoping the latter is true and will soon be remedied.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Just Fix It!!!!!!!!!! Over 2 Months Now!!!!!!!!!!