Lt. Commander
Let us all call an end to this grand charade!

STO needs to be a First Person Shooter game, or at least incorporate elements thereof. Whether it's shuttle based dogfighting, flat out shooting the other guy with your phaser or... feh, endless numbers of other neat things you can do... making them happen would be a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Uhhhh, No. I don't want Call Of Duty: 2409.

I want Star Trek. I know a lot of you all have played Elite Force and whatnot. But this is an MMORPG. this isn't CounterStrike or Boarderlands.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2011, 05:13 AM
I don't really mind the first person shooter part, although it might be a bit un-natural in the star trek sense, however I'm not sure about dogfighting in shuttles.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm happy with third-person view. Commanding a starship or a my BO's out of the ego perspective would be a pain in the butt.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2011, 05:16 AM
yeah, 3rd person is a good go between, RTS, n FPS

B, u have a cool idea as in "Call of Duty 2409" maybe the next evolution of Star Trek elite force...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Thurd pursun phurzur shurting works just as well with me. I just think there's a whole venue there that STO isn't taking advntage of and SHOULD be.

I mean, elt's face it... it has the makings of it... go run that spectre mission, where you flip on the flashlight... and tell me it doesn't shriek Doom 3... sure, it's only a snapshot of such a thing...but the elements are there...

Make it So.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Jon_George View Post

B, u have a cool idea as in "Call of Duty 2409" maybe the next evolution of Star Trek elite force...
I love it when my random idea's give other people idea's and they use imagination to make it go further. =]
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm going to be honest. you know what I think about when I play ground on this game. Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. One of the best games I have played in my entire life. The way that the dev's have been talking about the new ground developments for Season 4 the closer I think the game is getting to be like that with ground.

So thank you devs for bringing a good impression to me when you talk about ground combat. I don't have to much of a problem with the current one. But you're bringing me hope with the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2011, 05:37 AM
no thanks.

i like fps shooters but im not sure i want it in this game. certainly not for ship based combat. and certainly not using a keyboard. i prefer to use consoles for those lighting fast reflex games.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
no thanks.

i like fps shooters but im not sure i want it in this game. certainly not for ship based combat. and certainly not using a keyboard. i prefer to use consoles for those lighting fast reflex games.

Well, that makes perfect sense. You don't want it, so we shouldn't have it. Lovely.