Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia View Post
Well, that makes perfect sense. You don't want it, so we shouldn't have it. Lovely.
u, up past ur bed time?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Well, that makes perfect sense. You don't want it, so we shouldn't have it. Lovely.
Relax, your position is that we get FPS cause you like it, thats not better.

Personally i like to see my character in a 3rd person view. Why should we have dozen of costume choices when we are first person all the time. I dont think that we'll get a real shooter at all but i like to see what the devs have in development. Don't cry doom until you see the bomb right in front of you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
so let me get this straight.

you express your opinion that you want it and therefore the game should have it, which is fine in your eyes.

yet i express my opinion that i dont want it and thats not ok?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so let me get this straight.

you express your opinion that you want it and therefore the game should have it, which is fine in your eyes.

yet i express my opinion that i dont want it and thats not ok?
think he is up way past his bed time, probably high on coke a cola
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2011, 06:16 AM
No Thanks, I care not for FPS in my Star Trek.
I vote no.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2011, 06:18 AM
As much as I'm a foaming at the mouth fan of Elite Force, 3rd person is best for STO. It allows us the tactical view of a battlefield, enabling easier management of boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2011, 06:21 AM
space dogfighting or squad control with a 90 degree FOV ?
eh...no thanks
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2011, 06:32 AM
I am largely of the opinion that the FPS genre can die in a fire. So we'll just mark me down as "against".
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
There are some ideas that can be borrowed, like cover.

But, really, this game has as much or more to learn from Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Tomb Raider, or Soul Caliber as it does any FPS.

The MMO genre is mostly a RTS where you focus more on a single hero unit, dressed up as an 3PS. You risk losing a lot of MMO players if you're radically outside that paradigm.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Let us all call an end to this grand charade!

STO needs to be a First Person Shooter game, or at least incorporate elements thereof. Whether it's shuttle based dogfighting, flat out shooting the other guy with your phaser or... feh, endless numbers of other neat things you can do... making them happen would be a good thing.
No thank you. I myself cannot play first person shooters as i am sensitive to the colors and light patterns and thus receive vertigo while even attempting to look at said games. I am confined to playing third person games in gneral (although I am fine with flying simulator/Wing commander type 1st person).

And let me ask you something why do you want it first person? Do you assume that all games are just better in first person or that all people can play first person?

Because every time someone suggest something like this, all I can think of is that why not make all games 3rd person so that I can play them? I would love to get my hands on some Bioshock or Halo.
But then I remember that not everyone is proficient at 3rd person games and content myself to know that there are games for me and games for them.
But if thats not good enough for you I really think you should not be playing the games on in these forums. That would be like me going to the Call of Duty forums and complaining that CoD should be in third person.... yeah I don't see that going well at all.